Teacher of English (Cоre or Higher)
The British Council in Kyiv is looking for a 3-4 Teachers of English (Core or Higher) to deliver quality English language teaching to a diverse audience of young learners and adults as part of the British Council Ukraine teaching team.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
Support British Council’s global English strategy by:
- ensuring teaching meets learner needs and expectations;
- ensuring teaching meets Teaching Quality standards and organisational expectations;
- maintaining good relationships with customers and colleagues;
- enhancing British Council’s reputation as a world authority in ELT;
- supporting the teaching centre’s activities and British Council plans;
- continuing professional development and sharing of best practice.
All full-time teachers are required to work on one of three possible schedules set at the beginning of the academic year and according to operational need. The working days will include Saturday and/or Sunday but not exceed 5 days per week.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Cambridge CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL (global minimum standard);
- High proficiency in English i.e. full mastery of English across all 4 skills equivalent to user (CEFR C2) IELTS Band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module, or CPE Pass or above;
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent;
- 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience;
- Experience in teaching relevant age groups specific to the centre: Young learners aged 8 to 10 (200+ hours), Young learners aged 11 to 17 (200+ hours), Adults General English (200+ hours).
- Recognised diploma in EFL i.e. DELTA;
- YL extension to CELTA or recognised equivalent (e.g. IHCYL or TYLEC);
- Business English and Legal English courses (200+ hours);
- Young learners aged 5 to 7 (100+ hours);
- Early Years aged 5-6 (or younger) (100+ hours).
While completing the form, please pay attention to the supporting statement. It should be between 250 and 300 words and include the following information:
- Why you feel you should be considered for a full-time teaching position;
- What skills and knowledge you are able to bring (refer to the role profile);
- Details of your commitment to flexibility in your schedule, class type and location;
- Evidence of an IELTS band of 8 or above (or equivalent), or commitment to obtain the certification by May 2019.
Shortlisting will be done against required skills, experience and qualifications listed in the Role Profiles.
To apply please visit the British Council Ukraine website – Join our team section. Candidates wishing to apply should fill out the on-line application form. Please do not send your CVs.
Successful candidates will be invited for an interview. Please refer to the British Council Behaviours Dictionary and Teaching Skills before applying for the job.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 July 2019.
Please visit website: jobs.britishcouncil.org.