Project Engineer at Help – Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Project Engineer for its Emergency assistance program to ensure support of program activities.
German organization “Help-Hilfe zur Selbsthilfe” (Help) is active worldwide for 40 years. We are currently implementing different programs in more than 25 countries (https://www.help-ev.de/en/about-us).
Since its inception in 1981, Help has been committed to providing people in need with prompt, sustainable and long-term aid, and support. Help strengthens survivability, improves living conditions, and increases the resilience of people in difficulty worldwide.
Help is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Project Engineer. The Project Engineer will work under supervision of the Project Manager and the Project Coordinator and will be responsible for the support of program activities.
Location: Project Engineer will be based in Kyiv with field trips all over Ukraine
Starting date: ASAP
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluation of engineering projects at the planning, implementation, and delivery stages.
- Providing individual assessment in regard to needed reconstruction/adaptation of preselected facilities.
- Reviewing all technical documents related to projects implementation.
- Preparation of the technical part of the tender documentation.
- Reviewing the technical design of the projects.
- Reviewing the technical implementation of the projects.
- Quality control of the technical details of project implementation.
- Technical acceptance review on behalf of Help in cooperation with all relevant official bodies.
- Performance of other tasks from the scope of work and by order of the immediate supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or architecture.
- Possession of valid engineering licenses will be considered an asset.
- 3 years of experience in construction, engineering, preparing estimates and budgeting.
- Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Readiness to work in field.
- IT literacy.
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, initiative, responsibility.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team.
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to new assignments.
- Previous experience in civil/NGO sector, both local and international, with similar scope and type of work will be considered as an advantage.
Reporting and communication:
The Project Engineer reports to the Project Manager and the Project Coordinator according to the reporting procedure set by Help.
Interested candidates, with the required qualifications, may submit their Curriculum Vitae in English to Help via e-mail to [email protected] as soon as possible.
Please indicate the vacancy title you are applying for in the subject line. Additional proofs (diploma, references, etc.) are not needed at this stage.
Only those candidates that are short listed for interviews will be notified.
We encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.