IREX оголошує конкурс на посаду програмного координатора (Program Coordinator), деталі та опис вакансії нижче:
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
Summary of Position:
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Coordinator for its Learn to Discern Project (https://www.irex.org/project/strengthening-media-literacy-ukrainian-education-system). Program Coordinator will work under the supervision of Program Manager and provide support to day to day program activities. Special focus in all activities will be related to the development of media literacy and critical information consumption educational materials for school teachers and students. The position will be based in Kyiv with frequent travel throughout the country. This position is contingent upon funding.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist in development, writing, improvement and finalization of educational materials developed by experts;
- Coordinate the work of experts and other contractors responsible for proofreading, design, printing and shipment of materials;
- Organize working groups’ meetings, brainstorm sessions, creative workshops and other activities related to the development of educational materials;
- File, organize and keep track on materials developed (e-database);
- Support effective collaboration with program partners, stakeholders and participants;
- Assist in organization of other program events, including trainings, meetings and workshops;
- Travel to regions to attend program events and meetings;
- Assist Program Manager by providing programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistical support to ensure smooth implementation of the program;
- Draft program reports and success stories;
- Provide Web-based research assistance for projects and publications;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the development of educational and training materials;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Creativity and ability to process and transform lot of information in more interesting and simple way is highly needed and strongly welcomed;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- University degree – minimum bachelor level;
- Experience in NGO sector and projects is preferred;
- Background in media literacy work or study is a strong advantage;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Must be skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Advanced English skills preferred;
- Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian languages.
- Interest in media literacy, critical thinking and basic knowledge in this field is needed;
- Ability to travel
Please email your cover letter and resume with “PC – for L2D-Schools” in the subject line to [email protected] by 5 pm on August 24, 2020. No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered. Early applications are welcomed – we can contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis, even before the deadline.