Фінансовий/ва асистент/ка (Finance Assistant)
Chemonics International Inc., an international development consulting firm, seeks a Finance Assistant for an ongoing USAID-funded project supporting Ukraine. This remote work position.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Review travel expense reports and travel advances.
- Review all payment requests generated by the program, ensuring that all back-up documentation and approvals are available for transactions
- Scan and file accounting documents and prepare shipments of files to the home office as required.
- Save all financial documentation is filed (security) in both hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files.
- Assist to prepare monthly VAT reports for the submission to the local tax administration.
- Proactively identify errors and/or missing documentation to ensure compliance of financial documentation.
- Save the finance and administration team with ensuring all financial documentation is filed (securely) in both hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files.
- Prepare letters, correspondence, requisitions, and other forms of documents of consequence to be signed by management.
- Assist the F&A Director with occasional auditing of expenses, bank deposits, issuing payments to vendors, as well as ensuring proper stewardship and accounting of funds for in-kind and cash grants, other program activities, and program operations.
- Collect biodata verification documents from local Short-Term Technical Assistants (STTAs) and prepare biodata verification packages for GM/ F&A Director review.
- Liaise with STTAs to draft short-term service agreements and execute Acts of Acceptance in a timely manner
- Assist with petty cash management.
- Cover for the Accountant in his/her absence.
- Assist in entering data into the accounting system.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related field required OR at least one (1) year of relevant bookkeeping, financial management, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID-funded project management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office management and knowledge of basic accounting and accounting practices as well as general best practices in Ukraine.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgment that reflects positively on the UCBI II program.
- Detailed knowledge of USAID rules and regulations preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting systems and software applications, to include QuickBooks, MS Word, MS Excel and other basic computer applications. Knowledge of ABACUS is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form in English required; Ukrainian and/or Russian preferred.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by August 16, 2022. Please insert the position you are applying for (“Finance Assistant”) in the subject line and include your CV and a cover letter/statement of interest explaining interest in and qualifications for the job. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis and only finalists will be contacted. For more information, please visit www.chemonics.com.