DAI Global, LLC шукає MEL Specialist
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for full-time MEL Specialist position in Kyiv to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team. Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
Applications will be accepted until 17 February 2023. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
DAI Global LLC is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv with project activities across Ukraine’s regions and communities. The HOVERLA Activity will build upon accomplishments and progress made to complete the necessary legal framework for decentralization and support Ukraine’s advance to self-reliant local governance. It supports the operation of newly consolidated communities, improves services delivered to citizens, and advances citizen engagement and confidence at all levels. HOVERLA has three primary objectives:
- Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective;
- Objective 2: Subnational government achieves greater self-reliance; and
- Objective 3: Citizen’s participation and influence is increased in local governance processes
To support these initiatives, DAI seeks qualified candidates to fulfill HOVERLA’s goals.
The MEL Specialist provides information management and design of a monitoring and reporting system including development of program indicators to help inform USAID, the Chief of Party, and the technical team of project status and progress toward achievement of key results as agreed in the annual work plans. This position ensures that the Activity produces and disseminates high quality knowledge, tools, and lessons learned through routine monitoring and evaluation and implementation experience. The MEL Specialist reports to the MEL Director and is based in Kyiv.
Objectives and Duties
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support systematic data collection and analysis of progress towards program key performance indicators;
- Support technical team in grants design in terms of development of appropriate systems of grant’s monitoring and evaluation approach;
- Maintain database and communicate/cooperate with database developer as needed;
- Develop surveys and survey administration protocols to assess the impact of program events such as workshops, trainings, seminars, etc.;
- Work with the technical team to ensure monitoring and evaluation (M&E) accurately captures curriculum objectives and field needs;
- Analyze data for donor-requested reports;
- Train and support local partners at the community and municipal levels and grantees by strengthening their capacity to monitor the progress of programs and grants independently;
- Produce activity updates, newsletters, and performance reports, as needed;
- Coordinate with project technical staff to create success stories;
- Design and carry out evaluations to assess project impact;
- Assist curriculum developers in designing training on MEL;
- Participate in periodic assessments of data quality;
- Conduct site visits to ongoing interventions;
- Statistical analysis, if needed.
- Coordinate and contribute to preparation of HOVERLA quarterly and annual reports;
- Ensure progress towards HOEVRLA key performance indicators is reported in timely manner;
- Oversee implementation of the project indicators through the review of reports, correspondence, site visits, etc.;
- Serve as the point of contact for all official communication dealing with M&E management;
- Performs other functions as requested by MEL Director and HOVERLA Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- Two or more years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, preferably for USAID-funded programs;
- Familiarity with M&E systems and instruments;
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis, data quality assessment;
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies;
- Strong writing and analytical abilities;
- Fluent English and Russian/Ukrainian is required.