Administrative Assistant/ Адміністративний асистент
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Pact is recruiting a Administrative Assistant for the GAC-funded project Women Included: Nurturing Growth & Security (WINGS) which is aimed at enhancing economic security of rural women and the most vulnerable or marginalized, especially those affected by the conflict.
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the administrative tasks as assigned.
- Receive and screen all incoming telephone calls and correspondence, transfer it to addressee, greet visitors.
- Circulate information, documentation to appropriate staff and external individuals and organizations.
- Assist Pact’s personnel with business travel arrangements.
- Assist with project events logistics and procurement.
- Assist with procurement of goods and services receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation and conclusion of contracts and maintain contracts after award, ensuring the cost saving.
- Develop and maintain vendors, consultants’ database and ensure that this information is available to all staff.
- Be responsible for all office supplies (including ordering and storing).
- Assist with petty cash payments, enter petty cash entries into accounting system.
- Control & calculation of travel advances due to Pact policy & Ukrainian legislation, enter travel expenses into accounting system.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University diploma. A minimum of one year of clerical or administrative experience.
- Must be familiar with the office practices, particularly in the office management field.
- Advanced level keyboard skills and computer literacy on a variety of software applications (MS Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Ability to organize routine data and maintain established procedures. Ability to be flexible, resourceful and service-oriented in dealing with people.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage a complex workload and deadlines.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Ukrainian, proficiency in Russian.
- Highly effective administration skills including computing, word processing and internet use.
- Pro-active, intuitive, fast-thinker, and able to work with minimal supervision.
To apply please send cover letter and CV to [email protected] no later than June 20, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.