Вакансія: Public Investment Projects Adviser for Regional Investment Projects Facilitation Office
Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Agriteam Canada:
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
About the project:
In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe will provide technical assistance to selected communities in pilot oblasts to improve their investment governance, so that communities have capacity to select and prioritise public investment projects based on citizen needs, and are able to efficiently implement these projects. These approaches will be then institutionalised at the national level.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for а Public Investment Projects Adviser who will be responsible for capacity development and advice to pilot communities/regions on design, funding and implementation of investment projects based on community needs.
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to the Team Lead of the Office for Regional Investment Projects Facilitation.
Level of effort: full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is 10 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
• Analyze legal acts, socio-economic development reports, planning documents and other materials on investment projects.
• Develop proposals on improving investment governance at the national, regional and local levels.
• Draft legal acts that facilitate design, funding and implementation of investment projects.
• Propose recommendations, draft methodologies and tools on design, funding and
implementation of investment projects by regional/local authorities and development partners.
• Interact with public authorities and projects of international technical assistance regarding implementation of the reform initiative.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• University/Master degree in public administration, management, development or other relevant discipline.
• Strong analytical and capacity development skills.
• At least 3 years of experience of advising to national, regional and local authorities on design, funding and implementation of investment projects in the area of regional/local development.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations in the area of regional policy, local self-government, public finance.
• Familiarity with regional policy and local self-government reform agenda.
• Fluent in Ukrainian and English.
• Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on September 11, 2020 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV (max. 2 pages);
2) Applicant’s letter of interest (max. 500 words).
Please ensure to state Public Investment Projects Adviser in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.