Проект USAID “ВзаємоДія” шукає менеджера із залучення громадськості
Civic Engagement Manager
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a US-based international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E). MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position.**
MSI is seeking a full-time Civic Engagement Manager to support the SACCI program in Ukraine. S/he will be responsible for working with civil society organizations, civic activists, professional associations, mass media, and private sector to promote engagement of citizens and different target audiences in anticorruption activities including through implementing in social accountability activities to keep government accountable, participating in government policy and decision making process, reporting corruption and abuse of power, and raising w\awareness about citizen right and public officials responsibilities.
This is a full-time position located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant counterparts, beneficiaries and stakeholders and seek to engage them in the SACCI activities.
- Identify and facilitate networking and collaboration among constituency-based non-governmental actors (civil society organizations, activists, professional associations, etc.) that work in the anticorruption related areas.
- Build, through training and mentoring, capacity and skills of the constituency-based governmental actors to engage citizens and target groups in anticorruption activities.
- Facilitate fruitful cooperation between governmental institutions on the national, oblast and municipal levels and non-governmental actors.
- Assist SACCI government counterpart institutions with the development and implementing policies, procedures and tools for engaging citizens in government oversight and decision making process and encouraging citizens to report corruption.
- In collaboration with SACCI communication team engage mass media in reaching out to pubic and target groups to build their awareness of corruption impact and anticorruption reforms and engage to take proactive position against corruption.
- Contribute to the design of the SACCI grants program to civil society organizations, participate in the selection and work planning process and provide technical oversight and quality assurance of the projects implemented by grantees.
- Contribute to the strengthening capacity of the Public Councils as a mechanism for public oversight of the governmental institutions. This includes developing and delivering training and supporting networking.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality project documents and deliverables as well as analytical research.
- Perform other tasks as envisaged by the annual work plan of the Program.
- Demonstrate diplomacy and leadership to foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, and innovation, and support for diversity.
- Master’s or higher degree, preferably in public administration, business administration, political science, or other relevant areas.
- Knowledge and experience working on issues related to corruption prevention and government accountability and transparency. Familiarity with the Ukraine anticorruption policies and initiatives as well as leading anticorruption agencies.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working with civil society organizations.
- Prior experience with USAID-funded or other international organization project is considered an asset.
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent and self-starter.
- Ability and wiliness to travel within Ukraine.
- Strong communications skills – both oral and written.
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian required.
*Deadline for applying for this position – March 02, 2018 *
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com.