Logistics Associate (Transport) до Всесвітньої Продовольчої Програми ООН
Всесвітня продовольча програма (ВПП ООН) — це гуманітарна організація ООН, яка надає продовольчу допомогу у вигляді грошових коштів, сертифікатів або продуктів харчування громадам, що постраждали від війни. У своїй діяльності ВПП керується гуманітарними принципами нейтралітету, неупередженості, гуманності та незалежності. Спираючись на пристрасть, відданість та професіоналізм наших 24 000 співробітників по всьому світу, Всесвітня продовольча програма (ВПП) працює в понад 123 країнах і територіях, щоб доставляти життєво необхідну їжу людям, які залишилися переміщеними внаслідок конфлікту та знедоленими внаслідок катастроф. Крім того, ВПП допомагає окремим особам і громадам знайти кардинальні рішення для багатьох проблем, з якими вони стикаються, будуючи краще майбутнє.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
- Vacancy Announcement №: 829594
- Type of Contract: Service Contract SC6
- Unit / Division: Supply Chain / WFP Ukraine
- Duty Station: Odesa, Ukraine
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Closing date: 29 October, midnight (Central European Time)
- Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and rostered applicants may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of diverse, committed, skilled, and high performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP’s values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
What will you do in this position?
Under the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer (or delegate) and the overall supervision of the Head of Supply Chain, the Logistics Associate will be responsible for supporting the logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable the effective delivery of goods and services for all delivery modalities.
Why work with us?
The war in Ukraine has had drastic consequences, both for people inside the country and for those around the world dependent on its huge grain supplies. It has caused one of the fastest forced population movements since the Second World War. Close to 8 million Ukrainians are living as refugees across Europe, and another 5.3 million are internally displaced. Many are destitute, having lost their homes and livelihoods. As food production and supply lines are disrupted by fighting, many families in the east and south do not have reliable access to nutritious food.
WFP uses a flexible mix of food and cash assistance to support vulnerable Ukrainians wherever they are. This includes working with local partners to distribute food rations in areas near the frontline and providing cash transfers wherever people have access to banks and markets to buy food. Since March 2022, WFP has distributed food and cash assistance equivalent to 1.9 billion meals to families displaced and affected by the war, partnering directly with local responders.
- WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
- WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse and multicultural working environment.
- WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of trainings, accreditation, coaching, mentorship and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
- A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various country, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
- WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus a medical insurance.
How can you make a difference?
In this position, you will have to:
- Support the logistics and supply chain activities by following standard processes and procedures and thereby contributing, directly or indirectly, to the effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
- Manage logistics vendors and transporters contracting activities, including performance monitoring and measurement.
- Participate in market monitoring and surveys for the selection of service providers such as transporters, traders, etc.
- Coordinate requisitions and ensure deliveries of food and other products to partners and authorized distributions.
- Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialized queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
- Prepare, monitor, and make budget revisions for all delivery methods, ensure adherence to procedures in compliance with international standards.
- Analyze operational pipeline and contribute to assessments and operational planning for all delivery modalities, to ensure that supply chain requirements are taken into consideration.
- Maintain documentation for execution of logistics operations (e.g., customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
- Use the WFP’s Logistics management system (LESS) for research, data collection and analysis. Produce reports and ensure that the information is correct in the system to allow well-informed decision-making by management.
- Support on Supply Chain Cash-Based Transfer activities including market assessment and analysis, assessment of retailers/traders, performance monitoring and evaluation of retailers, etc.
- Perform other related duties as required.
To join us in saving lives, changing lives, you will have:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Experience: Six (06) years of general work experience or three (03) years of progressively responsible work experience in logistics, supply chain or another related field with higher education.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good Communication Skills: Ability to provide short briefings and communications clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. Ability to engage effectively at field level with a wide range of actors including those in the international humanitarian community and governments.
- Working in a team: Ability to work within a team setting and working well with other team members to realize a collective objective.
- Work under pressure: Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to demanding job requirements under high pressure environments.
Language: Fluency in written and spoken English (level C) and Ukrainian language.
Before you apply…
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified women applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
How do you apply…
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.