Координатор(-ка) Програми з протидії дезінформації НДІ
Department: Countering Disinformation
Job Title: Program Officer
Reports to: Program Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Application Deadline: February 3, 2022
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors. NDI and its partners have been working in Ukraine since 1992.
Position Summary: NDI seeks a Program Officer (PO) to support the implementation of its countering disinformation programs under the direction of the Program Manager, and ultimately the Resident Senior Program Manager for Research and Countering Disinformation and the Resident Country Director. The PO provides analytical, programmatic and administrative support. NDI’s Countering Disinformation programs aim to assist democratic actors in fighting Russian information attacks and increase resilience among Ukrainians. This is not a supervisory position.
- Contribute to the counter disinformation program development and design;
- Contribute to the program short/medium and long term strategy development and implementation;
- Plan and implement program activities in coordination with the Program Manager;
- Act as a liaison with NDI Ukraine’s research team and contribute to the development and analysis of disinformation research products;
- Maintain communication and coordinate relations with program subgrantees;
- Maintain relationships and regular communication with program partners across government and civil society;
- Organize and facilitate training sessions, meetings, workshops, and events to develop capacities of and encourage collaboration among program partners;
- Contribute to the development of strategic documents – concept papers, project proposals, work plans, M&E plans and reports;
- Liaise with the Administration and Finance team to ensure compliance with NDI and donor policies related to financial procedures and regulations;
- In coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team, facilitate data collection efforts to track the program’s progress toward achieving objectives in line with NDI’s performance monitoring framework;
- Contribute to the development of briefing materials for staff, external consultants and program partners;
- Represent NDI at meetings and other events with partners in coordination with the Program Manager;
- Contribute to the regular weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports, and provide input to annual and semi-annual reports; and
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Human Rights, Development, Political Science or related subject; graduate degree desired;
- A minimum of four (4) years experience working in a related field with a thorough understanding of counter disinformation programming;
- Strong understanding of disinformation trends in Ukraine. Preferable experience in working with Ukrainian groups on these issues;
- Well-built interpersonal and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with a wide range of audiences;
- Experience in all aspects of the program cycle, including design, coordination, operations, monitoring, and evaluation;
- Familiarity with subgrants management, including reporting, communication with subgrantees, and financial management;
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.); and
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a pdf format in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]. Please indicate the position of Program Officer, CD Programs in the subject line of the e-mail.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is February 3, 2022. Only selected candidates will be invited for the written test and/or interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.