IFES Україна шукає Senior Technical Advisor (Anti-Corruption)
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 145 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is currently recruiting for a Senior Technical Advisor for the anticipated 5-year, USAID-funded New Anti-Corruption Support Activity in Ukraine. The program is expected to promote good governance reforms and support institutions to deliver anti-corruption results. It will work with civil society, private sector actors, and engaged citizens to meaningfully contribute to Ukraine’s fight against corruption, and to build trust in Ukraine’s anti-corruption bodies. The program will also support government and local partners to advance Ukraine’s digital transformation while identifying and mitigating risks associated with digitalization in corrupt sectors and safeguarding human rights and freedoms online.
The Senior Technical Advisor will support the technical implementation of program activities and related administrative tasks as needed. The position will be based full-time in Kyiv, Ukraine. This position is contingent upon award.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support to project activities within the allocated budget, and strategic development and implementation
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, donors and partners
- Advise government institutions on anti-corruption reforms and best practices and provide comparative examples
- Identify opportunities and create strategies to strengthen CSOs and other NGOs to combat corruption
- Develop and implement a strategy for private sector engagement
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with stakeholders within and outside IFES to ensure timely and successful achievement of project goals and objectives
- Develop opportunities to improve working relationships and work outcomes with internal and external partners
- Work with anti-corruption line ministry staff and local governments to develop, implement, and monitor anti-corruption plans
- Supervise staff and consultants supporting the implementation of technical program objectives as directed by the Chief of Party
- Contribute to assessment and analysis efforts, reporting, and briefings on technical anti-corruption issues and programmatic impact
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Experience with program management and design
- Knowledgeable and experienced with USAID grant and contract proposals, regulations, and procedures
- Familiarity with USAID and other international donors and key program personnel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced university degree in a relevant discipline
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience with an emphasis on anti-corruption reform, with a preference given to experience within international development programs
- In-depth knowledge of anti-corruption and integrity strengthening issues and solutions in Central and Eastern Europe, the former Soviet Union, or other countries transitioning to democracy
- Familiarity with eGovernance systems such as ProZorro, eHealth, Diia preferred but not required
- Experience working on programs with a digital support/development component considered a plus
- Demonstrated track record in the development of anti-corruption related policy, programs, and/or institutions
- Strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple initiatives within a prescribes timeline
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English required. Fluency in Ukrainian or Russian considered a plus.
TRAVEL: This position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine. In-country travel may be required up to 30% of time.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to apply through following link.