Фахівець/фахівчиня з операційної діяльності офісу Львів / Operations officer – Lviv, Ukraine
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible.
In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions
into action — helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within.
Now, and for the future.
Program / Department Summary
The conflict in Ukraine has resulted in over a mass displacement across Ukraine. The circumstances and populations are constantly evolving with the conflict. Mercy Corps has reopened its registration and presence in Ukraine as well as offices/activities to support people in neighboring Poland, Moldova and Romania. This includes partnerships, cash, information as protection and other, emergency response activities in a very fluid environment.
Operations Department provides key support to the entire country program in procurement, asset management, warehouse management, fleet management and facilities & office management for successful program implementation.
General Position Summary
The Operations Officer is responsible for all facilities & office management functions and logistics (asset management, fleet management and warehousing) functions in a specific field office.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Promptly process service and goods purchase requests for the respective office in coordination with procurement.
- Manage the fleet and the movements and ensure the travels for national and international Mercy Corps or official visitors as per the movement plans.
- Must have a clear understanding of all Mercy Corps policies and operation requirements.
- Any coordination required with multiple stakeholders (internal/ external) for commodities movement for and to the warehouse.
- Assist in purchasing items required for office operation in coordination with procurement.
- Receive and certify all purchases made by Mercy Corps in the field office for operation use.
- Document all Logistics procedures and keep file copies of all documentation.
- Responsible for Fleet management and reporting.
- Responsible for Warehouse management and reporting.
- Responsible for Assets and Inventory management and reporting.
- Responsible for admin, facilities management and facility contracts for Mercy Corps offices, guesthouses and warehouses.
- Maintain a clear record of all leases.
- Assist in operation utility bills like water and power bills.
- Manage the transportation of goods/supplies in Mercy Corps operational areas and to beneficiaries.
- Ensure that commodities stored in the warehouse/storage are safe and in good condition.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualification & Transferable Skills
Relevant university degree or equivalent.
2-3 years of experience in Logistics, Admin, Asset, Fleet Management, and warehousing
Effective verbal and written communication, organizational skills
Basic computer skills (Word, Excel)
Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members and a proven ability to solve problems independently without direct supervision.
Working experience with humanitarian organizations will be considered as an add.
The successful Operations Officer will assist facilities & office management tasks and logistics (i.e., asset, fleet and warehousing) tasks in delivering successful programs while demonstrating excellent stewardship of donor funds and compliance with Mercy Corps and donor regulations. They will maintain strong cooperative relationships with other departments and interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial and training capacity while demonstrating the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities. The most successful Mercy Corps staff members have a solid commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and changing environments and make effective written and verbal communication a priority in all situations.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our stakeholders and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal: