Викладач(-ка) анлійської мови / English Language Teaching Specialist
Deloitte is seeking resumes for qualified candidates to serve as the English Language Teaching Specialist in support of the USAID Health Reform Support project. The position will be based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Period of Performance: ASAP – September 30, 2023 (with an option for extension)
Level of Effort: 12 academic hours per week
- Project Background and Summary:
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
It is envisioned that the English Language Teaching Specialist will provide technical assistance on behalf of USAID Health Reform Support to the Ministry of Health (MOH) in order to improve the level of English language proficiency among MOH staff. Under this activity, he/she will launch on-site training program at the Ministry of Health via individual and group sessions to boost the English language proficiency of its staff from Basic to Independent User level. The training program will be also focused on developing pupils’ Medical English knowledge and skills.
The responsibilities of the English Language Teaching Specialist will include but will not be limited to the following:
Providing technical assistance to the MOH on:
- work with the Ministry of Health to improve the English language proficiency of MOH staff through in-person courses, including planning, preparing and delivering lessons;
- help students to improve their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills via individual and group sessions in order to improve their access to modern and evidence based medical literature;
- prepare teaching materials;
- checking and assessing students’ work;
- attending social events;
- other organizational development activities as required;
- Internal capacity building – methodological internal knowledge base development.
- Qualification requirements (minimum for all positions):
- University degree in foreign linguistics and teaching/education or other relevant discipline. Master’s degree will be preferred.
- At least 5 years of proven work experience in teaching English as a foreign language to adults.
- Excellent interpersonal communicational and teaching skills
- Excellent English skills
- Excellent writing skills in Ukrainian
- Familiar with Medical Terms
- Any health reform support experience and general understanding of Ukraine’s health system and reform concepts will be preferred
- Ability to work in politically-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Expected position duration and workload:
The expected period of performance for this position will be to September 30, 2023, with an option for extension. The anticipated level of effort for these positions will be 12 academic hours per week shared between 3 groups of students: 2 times per week for each group, 2 academic hours for each class.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and 2 reference letters to [email protected] no later than June 4, 2023. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “English Language Teaching Specialist“. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.