Викладач англійської мови у проект “Приступаючи до справи”в м. Луцьку
Розшукується викладач англійської мови у проект “Приступаючи до справи”в м. Луцьку
Position Title: Teacher of Business English Language
Compensation Category: Temporary, Part-time
Start Date: November 10, 2017
End Date: May 31, 2018, with a possibility of extension
Supervision received from: PH International Ukraine Country Director
- Background Information
PH International (also known as Project Harmony, Inc.), an international, non-profit, professional and educational exchange and training organization, is seeking teachers of English language to deliver Business English language training to entrepreneurs and self-employed internally displaced persons from Crimea and areas in Donetsk ad Luhansk Oblasts affected by the Russian military invasion. The announced position is a part of the “Getting Down To Business Project” announced by the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine and implemented by PH International. This program is funded by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau for Educational and Cultural Affairs and supports an English-language and skill building program for 15 young entrepreneurs in Volyn Oblast (city of Lutsk) of Ukraine as well as in several other regions of Ukraine. In Volyn Oblast, the Project is carried out in partnership with NGO “Volynski Perspektyvy”.
The Project is focused on Business English, social media, and basic legal requirements needed for start-up businesses in Ukraine. “Getting Down to Business” will assist beginning entrepreneurs, who have a limited practical experience and few financial resources but are eager to start their own small businesses and have at least beginning English language skills. Youth and women are especially encouraged to participate. “Getting Down to Business” will provide intensive English-language training; promote and support small start-ups by teaching participants how to confidently and safely use social media and mobile applications/phones to develop and grow their start-ups; and how to use online reporting tools for tax, financial and other regulations required of private entrepreneurs in Ukraine. “Getting Down to Business” will use a combination of English and Ukrainian language business support and education tools.
The Project seeks innovative teachers of Business English language who value meaningful communication, content-based activities, and a student-centered learning environment. Emphasis is placed on innovative approaches to language teaching, for example, role-playing, group work, and project work.
- Scope of Responsibilities
The objective of the position is to deliver Business English classes within the Project, as specified, in Lutsk.
Teachers’ responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Holding classes in accordance with the schedule and curriculum approved by the Project implementing agency.
- Developing a course syllabus that clearly outlines the topics of the classes and expectations of the students.
- Developing and implementing quality lesson plans according to the Project objectives.
- Selecting appropriate enrichment textbooks and materials that reinforce the program objectives.
- Designing evaluation materials to properly assess students’ progress in accordance with the benchmarks established at the start of the program.
- Conducting student assessments on a regular basis.
- Submitting progress reports according to the schedule established by the Project implementing agency.
- Ensuring student portfolios are filed, accessible and frequently updated.
- Monitoring and regularly updating dossiers of the students’ attendance and notifying the coordinator of students’ progress through regular written reports.
- Developing, planning, and implementing the enhancement activities according to the Project objectives and duties listed above.
- Seeking to improve methodical and pedagogical skills through participation in seminars, lessons offered by visiting experienced colleagues, and self-directed professional development.
- Qualification Requirements
Teachers’ qualifications may include but are not limited to:
- Holding university degree(s) with the qualification “English Language Teacher” and at least three years of experience working with students.
- Experience in Business English is an asset.
- Strong desire and motivation to work with disadvantaged people.
- Dedication to working with the Project for seven months, with a possibility of extension.
- Willingness to attend professional development events that may be organized by the U.S. Embassy during the course of the Project.
- Availability to teach 1.5 – 3 hours a week in the afternoons (1 or 2 classes/week, 1.5 hours/class) on weekdays and/or on the weekends.
- Basic knowledge of and appreciation for U.S. society and culture.
- Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint), Internet browsers (Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Netscape, etc.), and e-mail.
A competitive remuneration for teachers is foreseen based on the number of class hours.
- How to Apply
Please submit the following documents in English via email to [email protected]
- Motivation Letter
- Examples or references to personally designed programs used in teaching practices (if available)
- In the subject line of your email, please indicate: Business English Teacher_Your Name_Lutsk
PH International Ukraine will review each applicant’s resume to determine which of the applicants will be invited for an interview. Candidates who pass the resume selection will be invited for an interview.
Deadline for Applications: Monday, October 30, 2017
Information about the vacancy is also placed at PH International web-site