Вакансія: Tech Assistant
Position Title: Tech Assistant
Program: Kyiv America House
Reports To: IT, Tech & Innovations Manager
Position Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries.
Summary of America House Program:
Through the U.S. Embassy in Ukraine, IREX administers the America House, a welcoming, dynamic space that fosters discussion and debate, provides opportunities for professional and personal skill building, and sparks creativity and collaboration around shared Ukrainian and U.S. values. The America House offers not only a physical space, but also a virtual hub, which facilitates access to balanced resources and information. Peer-to-peer cultural exchanges, discussions and learning at the America House provide visitors with a seat in “America’s living room.”
Summary of Position:
The America House Tech Assistant is responsible for supporting tech logistics for America House events including sound, light, film screening, event recordings and live streaming, presentations, managing online events, general sound engineering, working with synchronized translation equipment. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Description of Responsibilities:
- Maintain computers, tablets, office printers, 3D printers, etc. Basic understanding of audio/video/light studio setups
- Maintain sound equipment professional mixers and microphones, speakers, etc.
- Maintain online platforms for AH virtual programming, create, edit and support virtual events as well as run tech checks for speakers and train speakers and participants for online platform skills if necessaryю. Assist visitors, online participants and partners with using IT equipment and provide tech support when needed
- Operate and troubleshoot platforms for virtual events – Teams, Zoom, Meet, etc. Operate streaming platforms and tools for virtual programing
- Provide tech assistance to AH staff
- Lead trainings and demonstrations of AH technology
- Help with Maker Space activities and answer visitor questions
- Make research of new tech trends, tools, platforms, implement them in the work (practice)
- Other duties as assigned
- Good English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
- Strong intercultural and communications skills.
- Reliable team player.
- Demonstrated customer-service orientation, skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, and other related graphic media applications is an advantage.
- Experience working with social media and/or operating audio/video tech equipment is an advantage.
- Working with distant learning or online communication tools is an advantage.
- Experience studying in the United States or holding an ECA alumnus/a status is an advantage.
Please send your cover letter and resume in English (ONLY) as an attachment in an email with “America House Tech Assistant” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted.
Application Deadline: October 10, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.