Research Program Assistant/Senior Program Assistаnt
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI is currently seeking a full time Program Assistant/Senior Program Assistant for its Research Program. She/He will contribute to the design and analysis of NDI’s research projects in the Eurasia region. Successful candidate(s) will also be provided on-the-job training and will have opportunities for career progression.
This is a full-time remote position based in Ukraine for the 7 months period with the possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Program Coordinator, perform day-to-day tasks related to NDI’s research projects;
- Contribute to the design of survey instruments and questionnaires;
- Manage data scripts in various software environments for multiple research projects;
- Contribute to the process of data analysis and visualization of NDI’s research projects;
- Assist with research related procurement including preparing requests for proposals and statements of work for researchers and research firms, soliciting proposals and finalizing contracts in accordance with the required procedures;
- Contribute to the periodic program activity reports;
- Translate program materials into English/Russian and provide English/Russian oral interpretation;
- General administrative tasks, including responding to inquiries, filing and maintenance of mailing lists;
- Track political news and provide political analysis of the region, and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- BA Degree in Social Sciences (i.e. Political Science, Sociology), Masters degree preferred;
- Some experience with data analysis/statistical software such as SPSS, Python, R or STATA;
- A general understanding of quantitative and/or qualitative methods;
- Strong analytical and reporting skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian required (knowledge of Belarusian will be an advantage);
- High degree of organization and attention to detail;
- Ability and willingness to work under time pressure and to meet strict deadlines, good time management and multitasking skills;
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of international affairs, politics and civil society
NDI seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer paid benefits.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a pdf format in English by email to the following email address: [email protected]
Please indicate the position Senior/Research Program Assistant in the subject line of the e-mail.
The deadline for the submission is May 21, 2021. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test and a subsequent interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.