Вакансія: Program Assistant
IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX office in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional to fill the position of Program Assistant for its United Voices in Action (VIA) program (www.irex.org). The Program Assistant will work closely with the Program Officer (Advocacy Lead) and support VIA’s efforts to strengthen the advocacy abilities of IDPs and training receiving community members to reduce IDP vulnerability and promote social cohesion. The position is based in Kyiv.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1+ years of experience, preferably in the NGO sector and on technical assistance projects.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Strong intercultural and communications skills.
- Skilled at handling multiple tasks and able to maintain a calm, friendly demeanor under stressful situations.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Ability to travel (if possible and according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine).
- Must demonstrate valid proof of unrestricted work authorization in Ukraine.
Your Daily Tasks:
- Assist the Program Officer (Advocacy Lead) with activities that fall under Objective 1.B.
- Assist in developing curriculums and trainings to build IDP advocacy and resilience skills.
- Provide programmatic, financial, administrative, and logistical support to ensure smooth implementation of the program.
- Support effective collaboration with program partners, stakeholders, experts, trainers, regional coordinators, and key stakeholders.
- Assist in the organization of program events, including trainings, meetings, and workshops.
- Communicate with suppliers and other subcontractors.
- Draft program-related documents, financial payments, reports, and success stories.
- Provide support to monitoring and evaluation activities, data collection, and reporting.
- Assist program staff as needed and provide general support to staff including photocopying, filing, note-taking, and other relevant duties.
- Translate program-related documents (English and Ukrainian).
- Travel throughout Ukraine to attend program events and meetings (if possible and according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine).
- Assist with writing reports and monthly plans;
- Assist in the coordination of training events, including designing materials, managing project deadlines, and ensuring compliance with the budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Remote work. The eligible employee is a regular, full-time Ukraine-based staff who works from a worksite outside the Kyiv office on a more permanent or ongoing basis.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets.
To apply please visit: Program Assistant, Communities and Governance Practice | IREX Job Board (ultipro.com)