Вакансія: Operational Information Management & Performance Reporting Officer, SSA8, Kyiv, Ukraine
JOB TITLE: Information Management Officer, SSA8
Number of openings: 01
Contract Type: Special Service Agreement
Post holder reports to Head of Programme
Duration: 3 months, with the possibility of extension
Duty Station (City, Country): Kyiv, Ukraine
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability, and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
Our response to emergencies – saving lives and livelihoods either through direct assistance or by strengthening country capacities – remains at the heart of our operations, especially as humanitarian needs become increasingly complex and protracted.
JOB PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
To support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR) activities and contribute to the establishment and presentation of standard operating picture of WFP programme portfolio and associated results that facilitate informed and timely decision-making at all levels throughout the organization. To support all Operational Information Management and Performance Reporting (OIM & PR)
- Support staff in assigned area to ensure that standard OIM & PR procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and performance reporting across WFP.
- Collate relevant information and data from media and local internal and external sources to facilitate and maximize the exchange of information and data flow between functional area networks in WFP, to provide operational awareness and understanding of events that may have humanitarian and/or operational impact.
- Support the collation and dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends and preferences to ensure country specific input to WFP’s operational reporting.
- Support the collation, analysis and communication of the ‘Essential Elements of Information’, pertaining to the operational environment and available human, financial and physical assets in order to facilitate access to timely and accurate information used at country, regional and corporate level.
- Support the preparation of Annual Corporate Report (ACR) for the Annual Reporting Exercise in collaboration with the country office programme, monitoring & evaluation, logistics and resource management functions by coordinating to ensure coherence and quality of performance information.
- Collaborate with counterparts internally to ensure consistency in humanitarian information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Support the enhancement of the capacity of WFP staff and partners to effectively manage operational information and performance reporting, for example through scheduling the delivery of the OIM & PR training on core competencies.
- Support COs or RBs in emergencies by preparing, organizing and providing secretarial support to Operational Task Forces (OTFs).
- Provide feedback on activities associated with the Corporate Performance Reporting Improvements.
- Support the initiatives for developing improved, streamlined, and harmonized OIM & PR including drafting of OIM & PR related normative guidance, as required.
- Support the assurance of defined quality standards in all processes and products.
- Other as required.
- Typically, one year or more of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
Knowledge & Skills
- General knowledge of information management best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive analysis and report writing skills.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Advanced University degree in Political Science, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or Journalism, Business Management, Social Sciences or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Ukrainian/ Russian is an asset.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Female Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Wednesday, 06 July 2022