Вакансія: Media and Outreach Specialist
Chemonics International Inc. is looking for a qualified professionals to fill position of Media and Outreаch Specialist
ESTIMATED PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE/LEVEL OF EFFORT: Long-term
BACKGROUND: The USAID Democratic Governance East Activity (DG East) aims to strengthen the connection and trust between citizens and their government in eastern and southern Ukraine by promoting an inclusive civic identity, common civic value and a unified Ukraine by addressing the divisive impacts of Russia’s aggression, and the consequences of ongoing armed conflict through increased citizen participation, improved service delivery and more responsive governance. DG East works to (1) develop greater acceptance of a shared civic culture based on common values and understandings, and to (2) increase participation to improve Ukraine’s governance and reform processes and help to resolve community problems. DG East will provide opportunities for citizens to engage with their government, provide government with resources to support their citizens, and create opportunities for citizens of Ukraine to create hope in their future and positive changes in their daily lives. DG East activities are implemented across four regional portfolios and two physical office locations in Kyiv and Staryi Sambir.
JOB SUMMARY: The Media and Outreach Specialist is intended to fulfill three main functions: (1) to work in a support capacity to both objectives and in support of cross-cutting areas in the design and implementation of media engagement and outreach activities; (2) to lead awareness/outreach and public education activities to build advocacy capacities while also working with local media outlets to develop locally relevant, objective, and professional-quality information about Ukraine’s reforms; and (3) to work closely with DG East partners on media and outreach programming. The specialist will work closely with the Chіef of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and Regional Directors to help the project meet the objectives.
REPORTING: This position reports to the Chief of Party or his/her designee
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting objective teams and Ukrainіan counterparts in media engagement, public information and outreach efforts through:
- Assisting in development and selection of public information campaigns media (including television/radio advertisements, posters, etc);
- In cooperation with other technical specialist, developing and implementing the activities aimed to support local media organizations in the targeted geographic area
- Organizing capacity building events to strengthen communications and outreach skills for local partners, including local government entities (LGEs) and CSOs.
- Preparing content with appropriate input from technical specialists for all promotional and public outreach materials for project beneficiaries and counterparts based on approved annual work plans and oversee their production and distribution.
- Managing relationships with media, including ensuring media coverage of project-supported events as appropriate.
- Developing success stories highlighting specific achievements resulting from DG East activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
DUTY STATION: This position is located in Kyiv, Ukraine.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel throughout Ukraine when requested is required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Academic training in media and/or communications, or a related field resulting in a recognized undergraduate degree.
- Minimum five years of experience in a similar position in terms of the job tasks and responsibilities outlined above. Experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in media and outreach, journalism or media development. Experience working with USAID strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Ukrainian public policy issues and the media market – specifically related to policy reforms and civic engagement.
- Experience designing and carrying out public awareness campaigns and media, outreach, and communications strategies, and coaching peers in communications skills.
- Fluency in Ukrainian. Excellent written and spoken English.
- Advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in the context of interacting with international and Ukrainian officials, civil society organizations, staff members, as well as with the general business community and Government of Ukraine agency representatives.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with Media and Outreach Specialist listed in the subject line by December 17, 2023. Candidates must ensure that CV does *not* include a photograph, date of birth, and/or marital status information.
No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.