Вакансія: Inclusive education and Barrier-Free Expert/ Consultant
Alinea International is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About Alinea International:
Alinea International is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Alinea International has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Alinea International presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organization and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates will be subject to due diligence checks and extensive background checks where appropriate.
About the project:
In October 2019, Alinea International launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support Ukraine Reforms in Governance (SURGe). SURGe is a technical assistance project in Ukraine, funded by Global Affairs Canada and implemented by Alinea International Ltd.
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact and to implement these reforms.
Reform initiative and position summary:
SURGe provides technical assistance to Advisor – Presidential Commissioner for Barrier-Free Environment to:
(i) Support implementation and monitoring of the Inclusive education strategy in Ukraine that meets the needs of all participants in the educational process and the best global practices;
(ii) Support to barrier-free environment at the national and regional levels promotes unhindered access for everyone to various spheres of life.
To achieve these objectives, SURGe Project is looking for Inclusive Education and Barrier- Free Expert/Consultant who will be working with the team to help implement inclusive and barrier free environmental principles in state policies.
Location: onsite job position for now, hybrid.
Reports to: Team Lead, Sector Lead.
Employment type: full-time, Monday-Friday.
Remuneration: fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
The duration of the contract is 6 months with a possibility of extensions (subject of approval and implemented deliverables during a previous deployment).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate is expected to be registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
Indicative duties and responsibilities (scope of work):
• Provide expert support for the development of the Action Plan of the Inclusive Education Strategy in accordance with the RBM.
• Provide expert support in verification the implementation of activities and achieving indicators regarding the Action Plan of the Inclusive Education Strategy.
• Provide support for verification of data on the implementation of the Barrier Free Action Plan of tasks from central executive authorities and regional military administrations in IT system ProjectUA.
• Provide support for reporting on the progress made by each central executive authority or regional military administrations in implementing activities and achieving indicators.
• Conduct support for pilot regions in the implementation of updated Committees of Accessibility.
• Provide expert support in designing barrier-free analysis.
• Deliver consultations for regions on Barrier-Free principles policy development and implementation.
• Other tasks related to the Unit’s duties, per request.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
• Experience with inclusive education issues.
• Understanding of the current situation and challenges in the inclusive education barrier-free environment implementation in Ukraine.
• Experience in international organizations, and reform projects at the governmental level.
• Understanding of Results-Based Management (RBM) and experience in implementation is a plus.
• Understanding of governmental machinery is a plus.
• Professional knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, ability to produce high-quality visual material.
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Excellent knowledge of Ukrainian, ability to speak and write clearly and correctly, including
experience of work with government documents.
• Professional knowledge of English, strong writing skills.
• Experience in data collecting and analysis is a plus.
• Residence in Kyiv.
• Citizen of Ukraine.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on December 31, 2023 to the following address: [email protected].
1. Cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Cover letters should detail how you fit the opportunity, your daily fee and current availability.
2. Alinea International accepts electronic submissions only. Send your cover letter and CV to [email protected] till indicated deadline for applications.
3. Please, include following in the email subject line: [Inclusive education and Barrier-Free Expert/Consultant: your last name, your first name].
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
The interview process might start before the vacancy deadline.