Вакансія: GESI Technical Specialist
Title: GESI Technical Specialist
Grade Level: 3
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Reports To: Senior Program Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $90 million and a staff of over 500 professionals worldwide who implement programs and provide consulting expertise in more than 100 countries. For more detailed information about IREX please visit www.irex.org.
ABOUT UNITED VOICES IN ACTION (VIA) PROGRAM:
The goal of the CSO-funded United Voices in Action (VIA) program activity is to advance Ukraine’s stabilization by fostering IDP integration, increasing community cohesion, contributing to local and national integration plans, and reducing IDP vulnerability to exploitation. IREX will support IDP and receiving community members from up to 27 communities in nine oblasts. Based on a conflict sensitive and inclusive development approach, the VIA program will make local community members – both IDPs and non-IDPs – the drivers of change in their communities, leading to increased stabilization and mutual understanding through the development of a shared vision of a future where multiple perspectives are heard, and marginalized voices are elevated.
IREX seeks Gender and Social Inclusion Technical Specialist candidates for a two-year Bureau of Conflict and Stabilization Operations-funded program to help advance Ukraine’s stabilization. The Gender and Social Inclusion Technical Specialist will develop a long-term gender and social inclusion strategy for the United Voices in Action (VIA) project; ensure a gender and inclusion integration strategy across programming, including crafting opportunities for meaningful inclusion; apply inclusion best practices to design of data collection instruments, data analysis, program learning initiatives, and other MEL activities; train program staff and consultants on inclusion best practices, Do-No-More-Harm principles, safeguarding, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) of underage and vulnerable participants; contribute to program reporting and budget monitoring; and other tasks as needed to ensure accountability mechanisms for meaningful inclusion across program component areas. The Gender and Social Inclusion Technical Specialist will lead a small team to ensure a cohesive effort.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Design and implement policies and procedures that are related to gender and social inclusion issues in Ukraine;
- Promote, design, implement, and manage gender equality and social inclusion activities across all program components;
- Provide expertise in gender equality, social inclusion, and female empowerment for the program, stakeholders, and CSO;
- Contribute to the distribution of best practices and lessons learned in gender mainstreaming, equality, and female empowerment among program participants and counterparts;
- In close collaboration with the program team, craft opportunities for meaningful inclusion of diverse audience in training design, facilitation, participation, and evaluation;
- In close collaboration with the subgrants team, integrate gender and inclusion requirements into bidding, procurement, and partner orientation materials;
- In close collaboration with the MEL team, apply inclusion best practices to design of data collection instruments, data analysis, program learning initiatives, and other MEL activities to track identity-based differences in participation and outcomes as well as the impact of program activities on progress toward gender equality and social inclusion;
- Contribute to program reporting and budget monitoring related to gender and inclusion investments;
- Train program staff, program partners, subgrantees, and consultants on inclusion best practices, do no more harm principles, safeguarding, and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) of underage and vulnerable participants, as needed;
- Travel throughout Ukraine to attend program events and meetings (if possible and according to IREX policy and the public health situation in Ukraine);
- Supply technical assistance in relevant areas of expertise;
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years of experience focusing on gender and/or social inclusion programs
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation (M&E), research, and adaptive methodologies
- Experience working with international donor-funded projects
- Good knowledge of English
- Demonstrated understanding of the Ukrainian context for gender-related issues, social inclusion, and female empowerment and the Ukrainian political environment
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in gender equality and participatory development practices
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-cultural skills required
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in gender studies, sociology, human rights, public policy, or a related field of social studies
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “GESI Technical Specialist ” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application deadline: October 04, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.