Вакансія: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Chemonics International Inc.
USAID Transformation Communications Activity
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Estimated Period of Performance/Level of Effort: Long-term
The USAID Ukraine Transformation Communications Activity (TCA) is a five-year Activity whose purpose is to partner with the Government of Ukraine (GOU), private sector, and civil society to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s democracy through innovative communications initiatives that engage Ukrainians in a conversation about the country’s democratic transformation and European integration. The objectives of the Activity are to equip USAID and its partners to conduct data-driven communications; increase the quality and quantity of strategic communications on reform dividends; and broaden the use of social impact content by Ukraine’s civic leaders and creative sector.
The Finance and Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting general office administration, human resource management, and the daily needs of office operations, including but not limited to maintenance of administrative systems, communication logs, filing systems, vendors database, inventory and budget trackers and other administrative responsibilities.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor administrative activities and ensures that project practices are in line with the policy and procedures manual.
- Assist the Operations Director and Finance Manager with auditing of expenses, bank deposits, issuing payments to vendors, as well as ensuring proper stewardship and accounting of funds for grants, program activities, and program operations.
- Manage the petty cash account.
- Collect employee references and biodata verification documents from potential short- and long-term labor and prepares biodata verification packages.
- Ensure all timesheets are filled out correctly by office staff.
- Maintain records of staff leave balances.
- Assist the local and international staff and consultants traveling to and within Ukraine in arranging travel/transportation and make hotel and flight reservations for all TCA project-related travel.
- Coordinate the logistics for all project events, including conferences, workshops, and trainings.
- Assist with procurement procedures, including identification of vendors, collection of price quotes, and documentation of the procurement process.
- Maintain administrative systems, including but not limited to communication logs, filing systems, and budget trackers.
- Maintain the project electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Maintain the office property inventory tracker.
- Procure office supplies, greet and assist visitors, and help schedule meetings and events.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- University degree in business administration, finance, or related field required.
- At least one (1) year of relevant office administration, bookkeeping, financial management, and/or accounting experience required, with preference for USAID funded administrative experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all aspects of office administration and knowledge of basic accounting and accounting practices is required, as well as general best practices in Ukraine.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good judgment that reflects positively on the TCA program.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including financial management applications such as ABACUS or others. Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is also a requirement.
- Fluent Ukrainian or Russian required and fluent English strongly preferred.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link:
Please complete the required information and upload your cover letter and CV for consideration. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Application deadline – October 09, 2020