Вакансія: Data Assistant
Title: Data Assistant
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance
Reports to: Data & Reporting Coordinator
DEADLINE: October 30, 2020
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX in Ukraine seeks a qualified Data Assistant for the Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) program. This five-year activity is designed to foster vested ownership among Ukrainian youth in their country’s democratic, European future by further mobilizing youth leadership around a values-based conception of Ukrainian identity grounded in innovation, engagement, and pluralism. The Data Assistant will work under the supervision of the Data & Reporting Coordinator and provide support to the Research and Learning unit.
The ideal candidate takes pride in his or her work and is able to work independently as well as work closely and cooperatively with others to problem-solve and find solutions. She or he will handle sensitive issues with discretion and confidentiality, has a strong work ethic, and is commitment to UNITY values.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of Data & Reporting Coordinator, the Data Assistant will contribute to UNITY research and learning processes by:
- Assisting with data collection and data cleaning
- Entering data from various source documents into the data management system for storage, processing, and data management purposes
- Prepare, compile, and sort documents for data entry
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed databases, files, and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic formats
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Check completed work for accuracy
- Store completed documents in designated locations
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks
- Respond to requests for information and access relevant files
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, economics, sociology, or similar field and/or at least one year of experience of similar work
- Knowledge of information collection and data management practices
- Proficient in relevant computer applications, such as MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) and modern communications tools (internet, email, social media, and teleconferencing)
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- Correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks
- Strong planning and organizing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Data Assistant” in the subject line to [email protected] Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application Deadline: October 30, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.