Вакансія: Data and Reporting Coordinator
Title: Data and Reporting Coordinator
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Division: Communities & Governance
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Lead (MEL Lead)
DEADLINE: October 30, 2020
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX in Ukraine seeks a qualified Data and Reporting Coordinator for the Ukraine National Identity Through Youth (UNITY) program.
The Data and Reporting Coordinator will work under the supervision of the MEL Lead and will support all activities related to the design and implementation of MEL systems. The Coordinator will be in charge of ensuring and maintaining an accurate and up-to-date database to inform project indicators, and support program staff to ensure timely and quality data collection, analysis, storage, retrieval, and reporting. He or she will also analyze data and generate program information to promote data-driven decision making, as well as wider participation of youth and other groups of beneficiaries in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating programs and projects.
This candidate must take pride in their work and work independently and as part of a team to find solutions. She or he must handle sensitive issues with discretion and confidentiality, have a strong work ethic, and a commitment to UNITY values.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling and data analysis with attention to all technical aspects; produce draft reports and visualizations.
- Participate in the development of tools and templates to enable and enhance regular collection of project data, generate quality database reports for various program levels (monitoring of inputs, outputs, outcomes, etc.).
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure the accuracy and legitimacy of data.
- Gather needed programmatic and financial information for reporting.
- Perform quality control checks on the received data and remove inaccurate information in accordance with established validation procedures.
- Draft sections of semiannual, annual, and final reporting to USAID, and liaise with program staff for additional details. Identify reporting gaps and work with team members to create solutions.
- Ensure that monthly, quarterly, and annual field level reports include accurate data summaries and brief narrative descriptions of the previous period’s achievements/challenges and future period’s planned activities in relevant areas.
- Coordinate internal updates on an ongoing basis, compiling and reviewing updates.
- Create concise and well-written narratives on the results of program activities.
- Contribute to collecting reporting and learning data by interviewing participants and stakeholders, observing activities, conducting desk research, facilitating staff reflections, and reviewing program files.
- Be responsible for reviewing and receiving data from project surveys, research, and other sources and enter into the data system.
- Maintain an efficient filling system of progress reports.
- Strengthen the team’s ability to draft narrative reports for all areas.
- Regularly control and review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and adjust as needed.
- Secure storage of databases and other related materials and resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience in statistics or data analysis.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation for an international NGO, specifically on a USAID projects is a plus.
- A master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, sociology, economics, education, or a related field; bachelor’s degree with five years of relevant experience also considered.
- Strong proficiency and experience using basic data software and data management activities (experience with the applications such as MS Excel, MS Access, R, Power BI, SPSS, or other).
- Experience working on programs focused on youth, education, employment, or entrepreneurship is preferred.
- Experience in the project management cycle, including design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Experience reporting to donors (narrative and financial), including USAID is preferred. Good understanding of donor requirements and reporting mechanisms.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight; knowledge of data cleaning processes.
- Skills in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to train and develop staff capacity.
- A demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong command of English, Ukrainian, and Russian.
- Travel as needed, when safe.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel) and modern communications tools (internet, email, social media, and teleconferencing).
Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Data and Reporting Coordinator” in the subject line to [email protected] Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application Deadline: October 30, 2020. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.