Technical Advisor, e-Health / Health Management Information Systems / Технічний(-а) радник(-ця) напрямку розвитку електронної системи охорони здоров’я/ інформаційних систем управління охороною здоров’я
Deloitte is seeking qualified candidates for the open position of Technical Advisor, e-Health/Health Management Information Systems in support of the USAID Health Reform Support project. This position is based in Kyiv.
Level of Effort: full-time
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support project (HRS) is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Technical Advisor, e-Health/Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) will lead the Objective 4: Enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the healthcare system component and will serve as a Key Personnel under the project. S/He will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of the component workplan and activity implementation in close coordination with the senior management team. The position will also have management responsibility for personnel assigned to this component. In addition, the Technical Advisor will serve as a liaison to the Ministry of Health (MOH) and other key counterparts to advance project activities. Activities under this objective will focus on strengthening system design and mechanisms which ensure that real-time, reliable health and administrative data is available for the MOH and other interested parties, as well as cybersecurity and supporting functionalities. All activities will reinforce transparent transactions between different stakeholders of the health care market and support the reduction of covert deals across the ecosystem. The Technical Advisor will lead the objective in supporting the MOH, National Health Service of Ukraine (NHSU) and e-Health State Owned Enterprise (SOE) in strategic planning around priority topics.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Project Management and Leadership:
- Provide guidance, oversight and quality assurance for all project activities, outputs, and deliverables related to e-Health/HMIS activities. Assume overall responsibility for the effective implementation of work plans to ensure delivery is on time, within budget, meets client and stakeholder expectations and is contractually compliant;
- Oversee project planning, contribute technical expertise as necessary to ensure project implementation, with a focus on results and financial accountability for all project activities related to e-Health/HMIS activities;
- Provide strategic vision on program sustainability;
- Identify staffing needs on the team to implement e-Health/HMIS (Objective 4) activities, and develop scopes of work for essential staff and consultants based in Ukraine and internationally;
- Review requests from the MOH, NHSU, SOE, and USAID to determine feasibility and scope for potential inclusion in the Work Plan as an activity under Objective 4;
- Work with component and Operations Leads, technical staff, and consultants to coordinate and find cross-project opportunities to amplify technical assistance;
- Support the implementation and growth of a functional national, integrated health information system (e-Health);
- Support implementation of international best practices and standards related to information technology, health technology and cybersecurity (i.e., NIST, Open data, FHIR, GDPR) aligned with USAID and USG policies;
- Develop the skills of health service providers to operate the new e-Health system;
- Increase analytical capability of the MOH and its relevant divisions to use and interpret data for evidence-based policy decision making;
- Support other ad hoc technical and managerial work as directed by project leadership;
- Develop working relationships with institutional counterparts, including relevant government ministries, oblast administration agencies, academic and research institutions, national coordination bodies, national and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), development partners, and USG-supported programs and projects; and
- Complete other ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Strengthen MOH, NHSU, and SOE leadership and stewardship functions and skills;
- Represent HRS in e-Health related cross-project and donor meetings;
- Work to integrate Deloitte US technical assistance providers in the delivery of the workplan where applicable and appropriate;
- Facilitate discussions among the project team and with governmental and non-governmental stakeholders to develop and implement the project strategy and workplan;
- Write and review components of the project strategy, workplan, and implementation reports, specifically those related to e-Health/HMIS activities;
- Responsible for meeting contractual obligations, producing deliverables and meeting targets, and achieving project results as specified by the project;
- Plan and conduct assessments and analyses as needed to inform development of the project strategy and workplan;
- Conduct training and other capacity development efforts within project team and with stakeholders;
- Prepare briefs, reports, and analyses based upon project, client, and counterpart need; and
- Ensure the project provides and demonstrates good Value for Money.
Staff Management and Supervision
- Supervise and mentor the in-house technical team, ensuring their continued professional and effective performance;
- Ensure strong staff management practices including staff planning, recruitment, on-boarding, performance appraisal and development;
- Perform regular check-ins with direct reports to promote quality performance and provide constructive feedback and mentorship in technical and management skills; and
- Contribute to capacity assessment of the team, developing and implementing performance improvement plans and on-the-job-training where appropriate/
- Demonstrated competence in and at least three (3) years of managing and providing technical assistance in the areas of information technology, education and health data management;
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English are required and must have fluency/proficiency in Ukrainian and/or Russian.
- A Master’s Degree (or higher), or Bachelor’s Degree plus an additional three (3) years of experience, in Information Sciences and Data Management, Business or Public Administration or related field is required.
This position is designated as “Key Personnel” for the project. Any offers resulting from this announcement are contingent on client approval.
The Technical Advisor, e-Health/Health Management Information Systems will report to the Deputy Chief of Party/Programs.
Deloitte welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Deloitte makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and list of two professional references [email protected] no later than September 18, 2023. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Technical Advisor for e-Health“. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.