Старший/-а Спеціаліст/-ка з моніторингу та оцінювання
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Senior M&E Specialist (Transition and Recovery)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade G7
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 31 March 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and the direct supervision of the M&E Officer (Emergency), the incumbent will be responsible to support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEL) activities for the Transition and Recovery Program implemented by the Mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Independently lead and coordinate the development and implementation of M&E activities for projects under the Transition and Recovery Program according to established MEAL plans; analyse implementation difficulties and make recommendations for adjusting implementation modalities and work plans to best reflect changing environment on the field.
- Coordinate and monitor the financial, administrative and technical aspects of M&E activities in line with IOM policies and donor requirements.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct capacity building workshops on M&E for relevant internal and external parties.
- Participate in meetings and conferences; maintain effective liaison and coordination with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the project.
- Coordinate and contribute to the preparation of correspondence, briefing notes, presentations, narrative and financial reports; ensure status reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner.
- Identify and document good practices and lessons learned; contribute to the development of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP), policies and concept papers and support the development of new projects.
- Supervise and provide guidance and training to reporting staff.
- Develop monitoring and evaluation sections for project proposals as appropriate, e.g. narrative approach tailored to technical approach, timeframe, and budget; illustrative results and indicators; provide input for other proposal sections including staffing, budgets, and technical, as needed.
- Understand and monitor the reporting requirements for the different projects and support with revision of donor reports.
- Support effective IOM knowledge management, including project tracking, data capture and analysis, monitoring and evaluation, and information sharing.
- Compile, summarize data and present basic information/data on programme/project delivery; produce statistical reports, queries and maps.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School degree with seven years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- In depth knowledge of the broad range of migration related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of UN and bilateral donor programming.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply M&E principles.
Fluency in English and Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form to [email protected] by 31 March 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 17.03.2023 to 31.03.2023