Асистент(-ка) програми публічних консультацій НДІ (продовжено)
Department(s): Public Consultation
Job Title: Program Assistant
Reports to: Resident Senior Program Manager
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Application Deadline: January 19, 2022
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors. NDI and its partners have been working in Ukraine since 1992.
Position Summary: The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks a Program Assistant (PA) to support the public consultation programs in Ukraine. The PA will be responsible for providing logistical and administrative support for the implementation of program activities under the supervision of the team’s resident senior program manager, and ultimately the Resident Country Director. These positions require a high degree of discretion, strong organizational skills, good judgement, and an interest in political analysis. Working proficiency in English is required.
NDI’s public consultation program supports the Government of Ukraine in making public consultation an integral part of the policy-making process in Ukraine by: supporting the enhancement of legal and institutional framework for public consultation; equipping civil servants with skills and knowledge to design and conduct public consultation exercises; and raising awareness on public consultation.
- Work under close supervision to support implementation of NDI program activities;
- Arrange logistics for NDI activities, such as workshops, conferences, meetings, and other events. This could include communicating with participants, supporting visiting consultants, coordinating participant travel, arranging activity venues and accommodations, preparing supplies and printed materials, among other tasks;
- Work with NDI’s Administration and Finance team to prepare payments and reconciliations of program expenditures;
- Provide written translation and oral interpretation for Ukrainian to English and vice versa;
- Facilitate regular communication with staff and program partners for the purpose of activity preparation and follow-up;
- Maintain tracking documents, contact databases, electronic filing;
- Assist with basic monitoring and evaluation data-entry efforts to track program activities, in line with NDI’s performance monitoring framework;
- Keep up with political developments and assist in preparation of political updates/analysis; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Policy or Public Administration, Law, Political Science or related field;
- Keen interest in and good understanding of political and civic landscape, as well as government reforms;
- Work experience or an internship in a related field is a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Ukrainian and English is required;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite, Google Meet, Zoom and other online platforms)
- Willingness to work beyond usual working hours, when necessary.
Submission Guidelines: Suitable and qualified candidates are requested to send a CV and motivation letter in English to the following email address: [email protected], with the subject line (Ref: Program Assistant – PC). Your CV and motivation letter should demonstrate your interest and qualifications for this position, and be submitted as a single PDF file.
Deadline: The deadline for submitting applications is January 19, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written assessment, and finalists only will be invited for an interview, which are expected to occur at the end of January.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.