Project Engineer, Krаmatorsk
The purpose of the USAID Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine. Resilience is “the ability of people, households, communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity aims to improve the economic resilience of eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the following objectives:
- Inclusion: building the capabilities of vulnerable populations to capitalize on entrepreneurial and MSME economic opportunities;
- Growth: helping micro, small and medium businesses innovate, invest, and expand markets; and
- Transformation: working with coalitions and leaders to articulate a vision for the future and put in place a modern, diverse, SME-friendly economy.
By accomplishing these objectives, the economy of eastern Ukraine will be more diversified, more integrated with the rest of Ukraine, less dependent on Russia, and the region’s residents will be better equipped to compete for the jobs of the future, thereby improving the economic resilience of the region. The activity will work primarily in the Donetsk and Luhansk oblast — together known as the “Donbas” region — but will also be active in the surrounding oblasts and throughout Ukraine as required to achieve the objectives.
The duties of the Project Engineer-CM include, but are not limited to:
- General support for ERA’s Construction Management and Quality Assurance tasks
- Review, verification, and preparation of program-level construction schedules
- Review and preparation of cost estimates for design, construction, and other activities
- Supervision of construction subcontractors and site supervision subcontractors for compliance with subcontract requirements
- Conduct site visits and supervise site visit meetings
- Generate progress reports and other project information as required
- Oversee the monthly, weekly, and daily reporting of subcontractors and direct improvements as required by the Chief Engineer as related to cost, schedule, and other contract requirements
- Monitor construction progress and support construction schedule updates as necessary
- Periodic site visits to verify quality control processes and results at construction sites in Eastern Ukraine (approximate travel 70%)
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer and/or Senior Infrastructure Manager
Mid-level spoken and written English language skills are required. Verbal English skills will be tested during the interview process.
Candidates should have an engineering degree and hold a category CC1 to CC3 certification as “architect/engineer” and/or “expert”.
Technadzor certification is also acceptable if supported by professional experience consistent with design review, construction supervision, and compliance verification experience.
Experience with international donor projects will be considered a significant advantage.
Experience with the creation and editing of technical reports using Microsoft software is required.
A minimum of ten years of general professional experience is required, with five years of specific experience in construction supervision.
Experience with international donor-funded projects is preferred.
In this position, you are expected to share the DAI four core values:
- Integrity: commit to civil and ethical behavior, play by the rules, and do the right thing;
- Responsibility: be accountable to clients, partners, grant recipients, beneficiaries, colleagues, and communities where we work. If you fall short, you own up, fix the problem, and get it right the next time;
- Excellence: adhere to the highest technical and professional standards in innovation, learning, and service;
- Global Citizenship: respect cultural diversity and treat everyone everywhere with professionalism and dignity to make the world a better place.
Contract length: 12-months employment agreement with a possibility of extension until August 2024.
Salary Level: We offer competitive market-based salary level for candidates with relevant experience.
Duty station: Kramatorsk
Benefits: all benefits envisaged by Labor Code of Ukraine, corporate medical insurance for employees and immediate family members.
Start date: November 2021
All applicants must send a cover letter and updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English to [email protected], please mention in the subject Project Engineer
Closing date for applications: October 31, 2021
For further information about the DAI GLOBAL LLC, please consult our website dai.com If you want to learn more about Economic resilience Activity, please visit our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ERAUkraine.