Помічник бухгалтера в програму USAID DOBRE
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable.
Global Communities is seeking a qualified and experienced Accountant Assistant for the USAID-funded Decentralization Offering Better Results and Efficiency (DOBRE) project.
This project will strengthen local governments in newly consolidated communities to effectively manage resources and services that respond to community priorities and improve citizen engagement and oversight in local governance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accountant Assistant assists with the day to day accounting and finance related functions at the DOBRE Project office in Kyiv. This includes, but is not limited to, recording of cash and bank transactions, collecting travel related documents and disbursing travel expenses, handling cash and bank disbursements, withdrawals and receipts, assisting with the preparation and submission of accounting and financial reports, ensuring that all supporting documents are complete, ensuring that all accounting and finance documents and records are filed and stored properly, etc. Specific responsibilities are stated below.
- Prepare entries for input into Quick Books Accounting System and record these entries into Quick Books after proper approvals.
- Collect supporting documents, review for completeness and accuracy, prepare payment vouchers and submit for review and approval;
- Monitor and track advances to staff and other outside vendors to ensure prompt clearing but no later than the month-end;
- Be responsible for copying, scanning, filing and maintaining of accounting and finance records, reports and other documents in a proper and sequential manner;
- Maintain and regularly update inventory list in accordance with our systems for this purpose;
- Assist in carrying out periodic physical check of inventory in coordination with the Procurement unit
- Collect and/or deliver cash, checks, statements, information etc., from bank;
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliations;
- Under the supervision of Accountant provide support to auditors as directed;
- Participate in trainings for building the capacity in financial management;
- Carrying out regular OFAC checks for program staff, suppliers, consultants, partners and contractors and ensuring that periodic OFAC reports are submitted timely and correctly;
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all privileged information regarding both human resources and fiscal matters that may come across during the course of duty;
- Assist in preparation of monthly VAT exemption reports;
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent;
- A minimum of one year of experience in a similar capacity;
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations will be preferred;
- Familiarity with Accounting software Quick Books will be preferred;
- Ability to speak, read and write in English;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
- Ability to perform and complete a variety of detail-oriented duties in a deadline driven, fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office spreadsheet (knowledge of Pivot Tables, formulas, filters), word processing, Access, etc.
- Willing and able to travel to field offices as needed.
Applicants are to submit their application letters with detailed CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] with the title of the position in the subject line by COB August 23, 2018.