Partnerships Development Advisor/ Радник з питань розвитку партнерських відносин
In response to the request of the Government of Ukraine (GoU), UNOPS opened an office in Ukraine in 2017. Currently, the office is classified as a country office with a portfolio of projects exceeding USD 100 million, in the areas of rule of law, environment, energy efficiency, crisis recovery, good governance, human resources management, procurement, and logistics.
On September 30, 2019, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the Government’s Action Plan that defines goals and priorities for the next 5 years. Human capital and economic development, European integration, safety and quality of life of Ukraine’s citizens are the main priorities announced by the Government. The economy is expected to grow at a 40% rate that would allow the creation of 1 million new jobs.
The mentioned Action Plan also contains ambitious infrastructure development related goals and targets. Those include enhanced access of the citizens and improved quality of the railway services; reduced time for transportation and increased road safety through the modernization and construction of 24 000 km of roads and finally increased use of water (sea and river) transportation services and development of the relevant infrastructure (ports, fleet modernization, etc.)
UNOPS as a central resource for infrastructure projects within the United Nations system is looking to support the GoU in achieving its infrastructure-related targets stated in the Government’s Action Plan and ultimately contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (Goal 9 in particular) by the country.
In order to support this corporate goal, UNOPS Ukraine country office is looking for the consultant to assist in analysing the socio-economic environment in Ukraine, planned Government’s interventions, and finally analyse infrastructure sector in the country. The consultant will provide his/her services under the overall guidance of the Country Director and immediate supervision of the Business Development Specialist.
Functions/Key Results Expected
1. Socio Economic Context Analysis
2. Infrastructure Sector’s Mapping and Analysis
Socio-Economic Context Analysis
- Carry out a detailed evidence-based review and analysis of socio-economic situation with special focus on green economy, digitalization, health (health infrastructure, medical procurement and e-health) in Ukraine and planned Government’s interventions in the next 5 years
- Provide an overview of the macroeconomic situation in Ukraine and analysis of financial resources available for the Government of Ukraine (state budget, loans, direct budgetary support, technical assistance, FDI, etc.)
- Match resources outline with the key Government priorities
- Prepare mapping of the international financing institutions (IFIs’) activities in Ukraine (sectors, beneficiary institutions) and analyse challenges with loan implementation in the country
Infrastructure Sector Analysis
- Conduct a detailed analysis for the infrastructure sector in Ukraine, including break down by the specific sectors and key national Government, regional and local level infrastructure projects analysis
- Provide a mapping of the infrastructure projects’ stakeholders and resources allocation for the Government’s infrastructure priorities at the national, regional and local levels
- Develop an end-to-end process description for the infrastructure projects in Ukraine with the descriptions of the roles of all the stakeholders (Government bodies, IFIs, private sector, local communities, etc.), and financing scenarios
- Provide an analysis of the national capacities (both in public and private sectors) to plan, implement and evaluate infrastructure projects at national, regional and local levels
- Prepare an overview of the integration of the sustainability/resilience principles in the infrastructure planning and implementation in Ukraine so far and Ukraine’s Government’s plans for the next 5 years in this regard
Monitoring and Progress Controls
The incumbent’s performance will be measured against his/her high-quality achievement of the deliverables below:
- Proposed methodology and structure for the socio-economic and infrastructure analysis
- Socio-economic analysis (as described in the section III)
- Infrastructure Sector Analysis (as described in the section III)
The achievement and the quality of the deliverables listed will be validated by the hiring manager and senior management team of the country office.
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Partnerships and Infrastructure Consultant impacts on the performance of the UNOPS Ukraine by maintaining a robust and diverse program, which leads to the sustainable growth of the UNOPS’ presence and strengthens the achievements of UNOPS management results and the fulfilment of its mandate.
Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Project management, Business administration, International relations, Development studies, Engineering, Environmental Studies or related discipline is required.
Relevant first university degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) with additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Minimum 9 years with Master’s degree or 11 years with Bachelor’s degree of work experience in research and economic analysis is required;
- Excellent communication, networking and presentation skills;
- Excellent research and drafting skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ukraine’s social, economic and development context and infrastructure sector;
- Strong professional network in Ukraine is required.
Дізнайтесь більше про можливості працевлаштування в Офісі ЮНОПС в Україні на порталі «UNOPS Jobs» за посиланням: