Office Assistant (програма U-LEAD з Європою, GIZ)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit
For U-LEAD with Europe | Ukraine – Local Empowerment, Accountability and Development Programme, implemented by GIZ, we are looking for an Office Assistant (full time 100%, for period of pregnancy and delivery leave and maternity leave of employee) to work in Kyiv.
In the last few years, Ukraine has developed and adopted various laws in favour of an ambitious decentralisation reform, which reshapes the relation between the national, regional and local level and builds institutional capacity. The success of the decentralisation reform greatly depends on the coordination and cooperation between the different stakeholders involved, including central government and regional offices. The Ministry of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services (MinRegion) is responsible for the overall implementation of this milestone reform process. It will set up a Central Reform Office (CRO) to coordinate the implementation of the reform process in close coordination with 24 Regional Reform Offices, represented in all Ukrainian Oblasts. The U-LEAD with Europe Programme will support the establishment of these institutions via its main programme office in Kyiv and four Regional Programme Offices in Lviv, Poltava, Chernivtsi and Dnipro.
The Office Assistant will join the CROS (Central Reform Office Support) Unit of the Programme, which will work closely with the MinRegion and the Regional Programme Offices on the implementation of the decentralisation reform. Thus, close coordination with the programme staff in Kyiv as well as the regional teams is of utmost importance.
The main areas of responsibility include:
- Ensures smooth daily office procedures and accomplishment of tasks
- Ensures coordination and thorough preparation of meetings
- Assists in internal and external communication and correspondence
- Assists in travel and event management
- Assists in coordinating the purchase of office material, mission documentation etc.
- Organizes and supports for the preparation of workshops, study tours and networking events as well as other logistical support.
- Write, review, edit, proofread and format official documentation and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency of documents
- Ensures accurate processing of invoices
- Contributes to the overall knowledge and data management; systematically file and maintain document management in accordance with GIZ standards
- Contributes to the programs communication material
- Contributes to planning, monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting
The main tasks are as follows:
- Coordinates and monitors schedules
- Drafts routine letters or reports
- Arranges and maintains contact data base
- Makes photocopies, print outs and scans documents as needed;
- Organises and coordinates internal and external meetings for the programme team leaders as requested
- Assists in travel management, contract preparation and accounting in coordination with the Management Unit of the Programme (such as planning, hotel bookings, preparation of all relevant documents, summarising regional documentation etc.)
- Translates occasionally as required
- Manages incoming and outgoing correspondence (post, fax, email), translation of communication in Ukrainian/English and vice versa; arranges/accepts telephone calls
- Supports the planning and implementation of events, study tours, training or seminars
- Contributes to the accounting system, including filling out of service request, tracking of invoices and their payments, preparation of inputs to financial reports
- Regularly undertakes documentation and filing, as well as data management (especially in regard to accounting system in using excel tables)
- Prepares and organises information materials for programme
- Supports in other administrative tasks as requested by the Head of Unit and other designated team members
- Manages different Logistics and Facility tasks (office, equipment, inventory)
- Closely cooperates with other programme units, the programme Administration, the GIZ Country Office and other project offices in Ukraine
- Complies with GIZ rules and standards
Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Vocational administrative or commercial degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar position
- Very good knowledge of English; Russian and/or Ukrainian native level required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work
- Reliability, accuracy, confidentiality, flexibility and stress resistance
- High degree of loyalty, initiative, self-organization and motivation
- Team player with intercultural communication skills and service-oriented attitude
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office Package
- Work experience with GIZ and/or other international organisations is an asset
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Readiness for occasional business trips to different project locations within Ukraine
Starting as soon as possible. The contract duration: for period of pregnancy and delivery leave and maternity leave of employee.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
We are looking forward to your application in English comprising a) your CV and b) a cover letter explaining your motivation to [email protected] until 2 December 2018.