НДІ. Асистент/Старший асистент програми для політичних партій
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs in Ukraine are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and the United Kingdom Good Governance Fund.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill position as Program Assistant/Senior Program Assistant for the Political Party Program.
Job Title: Program Assistant/Senior Program Assistant, NDI Ukraine
Task and Responsibilities:
- Provide general assistance to all program operations and serve as primary support to the Senior Program Manager.
- Assist in planning and implementation of program activities with political parties.
- Follow and provide updates on the political situation in the country.
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Perform administrative duties as needed to support program activities, including data entry, arranging appointments, travel, preparing correspondence, and records maintenance.
- Provide oral translation at seminars, conferences, meetings and written translation of program materials as needed.
- Provide logistical arrangements for organizing program events and maintain logistical support to program staff during travel.
- Prepare meeting/activities notes, background information on political actors when needed.
- Assist with and provide back-up for the day-to-day operations of the program, responding to routine program inquiries, ensuring prompt and accurate forwarding of messages.
- Reconcile expenditures in accordance with NDI’s financial policies.
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, Public Administration or Linguistics with a focus on public communication;
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in government reforms and political processes;
- Work experience in a related field and understanding of the political and civic landscape in Ukraine is preferred;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to work in organized manner, meet deadlines and work in a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google suite);
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits. Actual salaries will be negotiated with successful applicants based on qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters in English by email to the following email address: [email protected] Please indicate the position (Program Assistant) you are applying for in the subject line of the e-mail.
The deadline for the submission of the required documents is by close of business on November 19, 2018. Only selected candidates will be invited for a written test on November 22-23, 2018. Successful finalists will be invited for an oral test and an interview.