Національний/-а Спеціаліст/-ка Проєкту – National Officer (CCCM Capacity Building) – Міжнародна організація з міграції (МОМ), Представництво в Україні
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: National Officer (CCCM Capacity Building)
Duty Station: Kyiv, Ukraine
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term (6 months) with the possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 3 April 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the Programme Officer (CCCM), the direct supervision of Programme Officer (Capacity Building), the successful candidate will support IOMs efforts to improve living conditions of crisis affected population across Ukraine.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Capacity Building Coordinator in the over-all capacity building strategy/ workplan and project implementation in collaboration with CCCM team in areas which IOM CCCM program is operating.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Conduct multi-level learning needs assessment (LNA) using methodologies as adapted to the displacement context, existing leadership roles, conflict dynamics, site typologies and other relevant factors.
- Work on the contextualization of CCCM training modules relevant to the needs of the target audience (authorities managing collective sites). This will include a training package of core modules.
- Ensure all training package/materials, logistics and preparatory works in coordination with Programme Support and logistics/procurement
- Support in ensuring that the CCCM technical components, adult learning methodologies and contextualization are appropriate, relevant and practical for national authorities and uphold the rights of IDP in sites/ collective center.
- Collect examples of local good practices and examples and ensure proper documentation
- Conduct onsite and blended (needs-base) trainings in coordination with CCCM team, support the trained trainers in the delivery, manage a “training support buddy system,” and provide skills enhancement etc.
- Keenly observe the needs of the IDPs in collective centers and hard to reach locations, looking for ways that the training provided by IOM can address these needs through capacity development on CCCM to authorities
- Regularly update the CCCM online registry and train TOT graduates on how to submit their training reports to the Cluster/IOM. Work and manage CB training database and online documents/resources in shared drive
- Assist in the training needs in the oblasts or hubs where IOM is operating or where relevant, and support in building the in-country CCCM pool of trainers,
- Provide input, recommendations to Capacity Building Coordinator on how to enhance project implementation, monitoring and evaluation to develop the CB longer term strategy
- Coordinate the operational, administrative and financial aspects of CCCM Capacity Building project, including oversight responsibility of daily implementation and monitoring of project activities, and line-manage any project assistant if requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in international Relations, Sociology, Political Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of professional experience; or
- Master`s degree in International Relations, Sociology, Political Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- Experience working with Camp Coordination and Camp Management operations preferable.
- Experience in managing multi-sectoral activities, including distribution and community outreach.
- Experience working with a non-governmental organization and/or international organization is an advantage.
- Proficient use of Microsoft software such as Excel and PowerPoint and other software such as SPSS, KoBo toolbox, DropBox, etc.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and commited manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Resource Mobilization: Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (https://ukraine.iom.int/sites/g/files/tmzbdl1861/files/documents/personal_history_form_2016.xls to [email protected] by 3 April 2023 the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 20.03.2023 to 03.04.2023