National Procurement Clerk (2 home-based positiоns), UNV
This is a home-based position. Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of RPP Field Operations Manager or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Procurement Clerk will:
- Provide technical support to procurement and operational activities:
- Support the procurement processes including preparation of the draft versions of Terms of References, technical specifications, memos, other supporting documentation for Request For Quotations (RFQ) /Invitation To Bids (ITB)/Request For Proposals (RFP)/Individual Consultants (IC) engagements after comments of RPP Procurement Unit specialists, consolidate received quotations, bids or proposals and supporting documents for evaluation;
- Participate in the analysis of tender documents for procurement of goods and services connected with Programme needs, draft evaluation minutes/reports and contracts;
- Contribute to the procurement process to ensure that it is fair, competitive, transparent, ethical and provides best value for money as well as the procurement action is in accordance with UN rules and regulations, procedures and instructions.
- Support RPP Operations in verification and validation of the accuracy of invoices & payment requests for local purchases. Provide help in the review and obtaining additional documents (if necessary) and ensure that all the paperwork is completed, and acknowledgment of receipt is signed by the authorized person;
- To assist with managing urgent procurement documentation with respect to the administrative work, communications, workflow, and filing of all documents related to procurement;
- To be able to provide written unofficial translations of documents related to procurement process from/into English/Ukrainian/Russian.
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Engineering or another relevant field.
Required experience: 24 Months
Experience remark: At least 2 year of professional work experience in procurement / finance / administration. Relevant international experience in the mentioned professional fields will be considered as advantage;
Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent, Ukrainian (Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Procurement and contracting, Logistics and supply management, Other engineering and construction related experience
Area of expertise details:
Procurement processes including preparation of draft versions of Terms of References, technical specifications, memos, other supporting documentation for Request For Quotations (RFQ) /Invitation To Bids (ITB)/ Request For Proposals (RFP)/ Individual Consultants (IC);
Analysis of tender documents for procurement of goods and services; drafting of evaluation minutes/reports and contracts.
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is a national UN Volunteer assignment, therefore only nationals of Ukraine and legal residents in Ukraine with the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 30-01-2021
***Entitlements of National UN Volunteer (Specialist)
The contract lasts for the period indicated in the vacancy with possibility of extensions subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment.
Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA):?A Volunteer Living Allowance (VLA) of
USD 961.75?(equivalent in UAH)?is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities and normal cost of living expenses.
Settling-in (SIG), moving and travel entitlements:?If the duty station of the assignment is not within commuting distance, national UN Volunteers are entitled to receive settling-in-grant and reimbursement of the costs of travel and moving personal effects to and from the duty station.
The UN Volunteer will be paid SIG equivalent to one month’s applicable VLA for 12-month contract. For contracts of less than 12-month, the SIG is pro-rated according to contract duration.
Resettlement allowance (RSA):?Eligible national UN Volunteers are entitled to receive a resettlement allowance upon satisfactory completion of the assignment. The RSA is equivalent to one month’s applicable VLA for 12-month of completed assignment. For short-term contracts or extensions of contracts of less than 12 months, the RSA is pro-rated.
Learning and training: UN Volunteers will receive up to USD 500 for individual training.
Medical and life insurance:
Medical insurance:?National UN Volunteers and their family (maximum 3 of their dependents) are covered by a medical insurance scheme for the duration of the assignment to cover medical treatment costs incurred during the assignment. This includes permanent disability insurance.
Post Service Medical Coverage: Health insurance of national UN Volunteers and their family (maximum 3 of their dependents) extends one month after the last day of the national UN Volunteer Contract date to assist with reintegration into national healthcare schemes after their service is completed.
Life Insurance:?National UN Volunteers are covered by life insurance for the duration of the assignment. In the event that a national UN Volunteer dies during the UNV assignment, the designated beneficiaries will be entitled to receive the life insurance lump sum.