Менеджер(-ка) грантової програми/ Grants Manager
Deloitte is seeking to hire full-time Grants Manager positions for its USAID Health Reform Support project in Ukraine. The position is based in Ukraine and reports to the Grants Team Lead.
Period of Performance: ASAP – September 30, 2023
Level of Effort: full-time
The purpose of the USAID Health Reform Support (HRS) project is to support a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. Advancing health sector reforms, enhancing transparency, and tackling corruption will reduce out-of-pocket payments and improve access and availability of high quality, evidence-based health care services for Ukrainians. Elimination of corruption is a cross-cutting theme across all objectives to be achieved by this activity, which include:
- Improve health sector governance.
- Support the transformation of the healthcare financing model.
- Strengthen the health workforce.
- Enhance transparency, accountability, and responsiveness of the health care system.
- Improve service delivery system at all levels.
The Grants Manager will oversee the development and release of solicitations, the evaluation process, and the post-award monitoring for grants under contract within their assigned technical portfolio. This individual will work with close coordination with those technical teams to support grant recipients.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Advise the technical teams on the design of effective grants programs, selection of appropriate grants mechanism, the overall grants management process and implementation;
- Maintain, update and revise grants management platform to ensure proper and complete documentation in compliance with USAID and Deloitte policies;
- Manage grantmaking processes within assigned portfolio to ensure compliance with applicable USG, USAID and Deloitte policies and procedures;
- Review grant packages including budget submissions to ensure completeness and adherence to applicable USAID and Deloitte policies;
- Liaise with other grants managers to ensure consistency in application of policies and procedures across the team;
- Foster effective communication and collaboration between technical teams and other project units (M&E, finance, operations, communications, etc.) to ensure partners are provided with the necessary level of project support to achieve grant objectives;
- Ensure monitoring systems are in place to ensure performance standards and compliance requirements are met;
- Maintain grants pipeline to ensure accurate budget forecasts;
- As necessary, provide targeted training to grantees on compliance with the terms and conditions of the award, USAID policy and Deloitte procedures;
- Recommend updates to internal procedures to promote effective and efficient grantmaking and grant management processes;
- Review work products created by junior staff;
- Close-out grants in accordance with USAID and Deloitte policies and procedures; and
- Other responsibilities as required by supervisor or project leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher);
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility in grants management, particularly with USAID-funded grants under contract;
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian;
- Track record of building collaborative relationships with colleagues and partners alike with a reputation for being “solutions-oriented”;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, using diplomatic and tactful language, even in stressful, time-sensitive situations;
- Demonstrated interests and curiosity in learning about new technical areas;
- Experience supporting the grantees with organizational development efforts, particularly in compliance systems, financial management and/or monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Strong knowledge of applicable U.S. federal regulations and USAID policies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, international personnel, health sector partners, and the NGO community;
- Ability to work in an organized manner, meet deadlines and work both individually and in a team;
- Experience mentoring and supervising junior colleagues strongly preferred;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and Outlook;
- Demonstrated capacity think critically about problems to identify next steps and outcomes; and
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids.
Deloitte welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants. Deloitte makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, etc.
Qualified candidates are expected to send their CVs, cover letters, and list of two professional references [email protected] no later than March 29, 2023. Please indicate the following in the subject field of the email: “Grants Manager“. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.