Logistic аnd Supply Coordinator (Kyiv)
MAGNA is a non-profit independent medical humanitarian оrganization. We provide medical assistance to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from healthcare. Our teams are made up of health professionals, logistic and administrative staff.
We recruit medical and non-medical personnel, collect private and institutional funds and raise awareness among the public about populations in danger. Using a small but highly committed group of staff and volunteers, we have achieved respectable results. We treat patients suffering from a wide array of illnesses and health needs (child health, malnutrition, sexual violence, women health, mental health, HIV/AIDS, malaria, cholera and other diseases).
Currently we have open missions in South Sudan, DR Congo, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Ukraine and Cambodia. Since start we have worked in over 15 countries in Asia, Europe, Africa and America.
In Ukraine, MAGNA has opened mission in 2020 and currently we are working all over Ukraine providing access to medical care for population in crisis through mobile health interventions and supplies donations to the hospitals.
Overall responsible for the correct planning, implementation and monitoring and management of the logistics and supply chain activities (Order Processing, Procurement, Warehouse and Transport and Customs) at coordination level, in accordance with MAGNA protocols, standards and procedures in order to contribute to an efficient running of the mission protocols and to contribute to the proper development of the mission and to optimize the impact of the medical projects.
- Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of annual project planning and budgets, defining strategy in terms of supply and logistics
- Defining and revising the supply and logistics strategy of the mission together with the coordination team according to the mission’s context and the operational needs, in line with MAGNA protocols, policies and guidelines
- Defining, ensuring and monitoring the efficient implementation of the overall supply and logistics procedures and the use of tools to support the different аctivities, proposing adjustments when needed – Ensuring the stability of supply and logistics activities within regular and emergency intervention of the concerned projects
- Defining and evaluating the HR set-up related to logistics and supply (team sizes, JD, organigrams, division of tasks and responsibilities), managing the different log/supply teams in the mission (Coordination + Project) and participating in the selection, the follow-up and evaluation of the staff under his supervision
- Managing the supply sections at coordination level: Order Processing, Procurement, Warehouse (log and med), and transport and customs
- Coordinating communication lines and functional links between the Log/Supply department and other departments (Finance, Medical) and offering a permanent technical support to them
- Ensuring good communication process and satisfactory levels with the projects – Ensuring a smooth running log/supply administration and the respect of the implemented supply procedures.
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator, defining, implementing and monitoring logistics and supply activities and when needed, according to MAGNA project plan, standards and protocols.
- Coordinating, organizing, supervising, coaching and providing technical support to the logistics team members in order to improve the logistics components of the project.
Education: Essential degree and specialization in Logistics/Supply Chain. Experience. Essential in supply chain management (minimum 2 years) and in organization of supply administration and procedures. Essential working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs, experience with MAGNA or other NGOs in developing countries.
Experience: Essential, working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs. Desirable working experience with MAGNA or other NGOs, in developing countries.
Languages: Fluency in Ukrainian and good command of English – both oral and written.
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
Please send your motivation letter and CV to [email protected].