Local Supervisor / Місцевий керівник(ця) проєкту
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Type of contract: a first 2 (two) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Line Manager); a second collaboration contract of 4 (four) months renewable, following the positive evaluation of the first two months contract.
Deadline for submission: 28 August 2022 before midnight Kyiv time
Starting date: ASAP
Gross Salary: to be defined according to the candidate’s profile
Intense hostilities since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine on 24 February have left at least 17.7 million people in need of humanitarian assistance and protection, an increase of around 2 million people compared to April. 7 million people are currently displaced inside Ukraine (OCHA Report 8 August 2022). WeWorld took action immediately in March 2022 opening an office in Lviv in order to provide humanitarian assistance to the displaced population and to cope with the emergency. WeWorld is coordinating the response with local authorities and partners, INGO and UN Agencies. Supporting people during the harsh cold season is one of the priorities during the months ahead in which WeWorld is driving its effort to expand the assistance towards Kyiv and the surrounding towns.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Local Supervisor will operate through the new establish WeWorld Kyiv office under the direct supervision of the Head of Operation. She/He will be responsible for coordinating with the local partner the overall project implementation in the Kyivska Oblast, Municipality of Irpyn. She/he identifies problems and constraints during the implementation of the project, plans the daily work of the project staff, and sets coordination meetings with all the actors involved. The Local Supervisor will develop relations with project partners and beneficiaries, representing the organization to local institutions.
- Direct responsibility for the planning, implementation and management of project activities, ensuring accurate and timely reporting according to WeWorld timeframes and formats
- Develop, supervise and coordinate a project work plan, as well as detailed monthly activity plans (coordination with Project manager, MEAL Officer and CVA expert).
- Implement approved project plan and track the progress of activities, ensure the collecting of program indicators and provide on-time internal status reports and external donor reports
- Redact and supervise the production of monthly reports to the Project manager.
- Provide supervision, guidance, coordination and monitoring of WeWorld and partner project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork
- Facilitate regular staff meetings to ensure awareness of project objectives, and opportunities for feedback
Coordination and representation
- Participate in relevant cluster meetings or working groups or external meetings as required, representing WeWorld and reporting timely to WW country office and experts (CVA and Protection) on relevant issues
- Develop and maintain appropriate, regular, transparent and supportive communication structures with the assigned project staff of WeWorld and the partner, as well as other relevant stakeholders, with the objective of ensuring good cooperation and partnership.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Degree on Social and Political Sciences, Economics, or equivalent (or equivalent);
- Specific experience of managing emergency projects, with at least 2 years experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Ukrainian language
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure and ability to develop and work within a team
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of and commitment to working in general humanitarian projects context
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of proposals
- Good proposal writing skills including writing clear and well-argued assessment as well as excellent reporting skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to properly represent WeWorld externally
- Strong influencing skills
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
How to apply
Please attach your updated CV and Motivation Letter in English and send to [email protected], mentioning in the subject of the mail LocalSupervisor_UKR
WeWorld is an Italian secular and independent organization working since 1971 in international cooperation and humanitarian aid and is an Italian member of ChildFund Alliance – a global network for the protection of children’s rights. Present in 29 countries with 128 projects, WeWorld operates in the following areas of assistance: human rights (gender equality, prevention and combating violence against children and women, migration), humanitarian aid (prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation), food security, access to water, health and hygiene, education, global citizenship education, quality teaching and international volunteering.
WeWorld works mostly with girls, boys, women and youth, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world. Supports people overcoming emergencies and guarantees a life with dignity, opportunities and a better future through human and economic development programs, in the framework of the 2030 Agenda. Joining the WeWorld team means being part of the development of a dynamic organization where the contribution of each staff member is promoted and valued, working together towards the collective achievement of shared goals and vision.