IFES шукає молодшого асистента з юридичних питань
IFES is a non-profit, non-partisan international organization. As the global leader in democracy promotion, IFES advances good governance and democratic rights by providing technical assistance to election officials; empowering the underrepresented to participate in the political process; and applying field-based research to improve the electoral cycle. Since 1987, IFES has worked in over 135 countries, from developing democracies to mature democracies.
Since 1994, IFES has played a significant role in promoting electoral, administrative and legal reform in Ukraine. In cooperation with partners in Ukrainian civil society and the Central Election Commission (CEC), IFES is working to foster dialogue on electoral reform, build the capacity of local NGOs, institutionalize best practices in training election officials and ensure more equal representation in the electoral process for disadvantaged populations, especially women, representatives of national minorities and persons with disabilities.
IFES is seeking applications from undergraduate- and graduate-level students, or recent university graduates to fill in position of Junior Legal Assistant. As a participant of the IFES Advisor Team, the Junior Legal Assistant will be responsible for supporting implementation of timely, high quality activities under the supervision of IFES Senior International Advisor and IFES Legal Officer.
This is a full-time 3-month position with the possibility of extension.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drafting and editing documents including: promotional/background materials, project reports and project correspondence in both English and Ukrainian;
- Collecting data and information for research from online and literature sources;
- Analyzing legislation and regulations, assisting in developing legal drafts;
- Providing analysis of current news-events connected to Ukraine’s electoral processes;
- Providing in-house briefings about the research data collected;
- Contributing to IFES analyses and reports, including informational emails, election bulletins, operational reports, publication materials, donor reporting and other reports;
- Performing and editing written translation;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- The ability to remain organized while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Ability to complete tasks with supervision;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement and resourcefulness;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with colleagues, counterparts and partners;
- Willingness to adhere to principles of confidentiality;
- Willingness to work in an international environment;
- Excellent communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- An undergraduate (fourth year) or a graduate student, or a recent university graduate in law, international law, political studies or social studies;
- Demonstrated research and writing experience;
- Experience editing academic and professional materials;
- Knowledge of political issues is an advantage;
- Knowledge of election administration and observation an advantage;
- A quick learner with capacity to work well with minimal supervision;
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written English, Ukrainian and Russian skills are required; and
- Excellent interpersonal/representational skills.
- Working level proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian languages required.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES encourages people with disabilities and individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a Letter of Interest, with “Junior Legal Assistant” in the subject line, to Valeriia Zhyman [email protected] copying Maksym Palamarchuk at [email protected] no later than May, 26th 2020, 23:59 Kyiv time.