Finance Assistant / Фінансовий (-а) асистент (-ка)
GC has recently launched its Community-Led Emergency Action and Response (CLEAR) program in Ukraine’s Chernivtsi and Chernihiv Oblasts, with the generous support of USAID’s Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance. This program is designed with the goal of saving lives, reducing suffering, and addressing needs while supporting communities to lead their own response. To that end, CLEAR will partner with local CSOs to implement humanitarian projects that address protection, shelter, or water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) needs in their communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support in day-to-day operations of the Finance Team in the performance of tasks including
- Assist the review process and associated accounting of financial reports received from project partners
- Support the budgeting process including salary allocations
- Support the team during the performance of the scheduled audits
- Support the finalization of the year-end accounts, by cooperating in the review of notes and annexes
- Maintain sub-ledgers, including accounts receivable and fixed assets
- Support information management for the team, including maintaining up to date, organised and accurate filing systems
- Contribute to process improvement within the Finance Team
- Background in administration, data analysis, finance, compliance, and/or other related fields
- Intermediate user of excel and competency in MS Office suite, experience with finance systems or data analytics programs an advantage
- Intermediate level of English, professional proficiency in Ukrainian
- Past work with local NGOs and/or international donor funded programs preferred
- Good organisational and time management skills and ability to effectively manage priorities and competing demands
- Ability to work as a team and intercultural communication skills
- Good analytical skills and the ability to produce accurate documentation with attention to detail.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] by COB October 5, 2022, indicating position title in the subject line.
Global Communities is committed to ensuring a safe and respectful environment for all staff, representatives, partners, participants, and anyone with whom Global Communities interacts worldwide, especially children and adults at risk.