Експерт/ка з комунікацій в проектний офіс пробації
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
Agriteam is committed to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants on the basis of merit.
About the Project:
In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
Reform Initiative and Position Summary:
The expert team will assist the Ministry of Justice with the planning and implementation of the penitentiary reform, which aims to promote more wider application of non-custodial measures to offenders who committed minor or medium gravity offences and to create proper conditions for the detention of convicts in penitentiary institutions promoting their rehabilitation and decreasing the risk of reoffending.
The engaged experts will work close with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine to provide consultations and assist with the development of the necessary regulations, tools as well as building up capacity within the Ministry to plan, implement and communicate reform taking into account the international standards and best practices.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for а Communication Expert, who will assist the Ministry with the development and implementation of the Communication Strategy on the reform of the penitentiary service to minimize resistance to the reform among public and gain additional support.
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to Team Lead of the Project Management Office established under the Ministry of Justice.
Level of Effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
For contracting, a candidate should be able to register Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group.
Indicative Duties and Responsibilities (scope of work):
– Provide advisory and expert support to the Ministry of Justice regarding effective communication of the penitentiary reform;
– prepare public awareness materials to communicate in the most suitable way penitentiary reform;
– Serve as a contact for media inquiries and requests for information;
– Develop and maintain relationships with the media, including newspaper and electronic outlets;
– promote active use of social media (including on-line surveys), assist in the organization and implementation of workshops, consultations, dialogues, seminars to raise awareness and promote the penitentiary reform;
– Fulfill other tasks related to coverage of the communications activities of the reform.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
– At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field;
– An experience in communications strategy development;
– Demonstrated success in implementing strong communication campaigns;
– Experience with web design, publication, and graphic design;
– Demonstrated skills in writing and editing in Ukrainian and English;
– Experience in planning and managing public awareness surveys;
– Knowledge of the penitentiary system, related international practices, and full understanding of current challenges in Ukraine in this sector is a plus;
– Fluency in Ukrainian, English at least intermediate.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on December 20, 2019 to the following address: [email protected].
All submissions must include:
1) Applicant’s CV;
2) Applicant’s letter of interest.
Please ensure to state Communication Expert (PMO) in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.