Data Analyst – Експерт з аналізу даних Національної системи моніторингу ситуації з внутрішньо переміщеними особами в Україні (НМС)
Under the overall supervision of the Emergency and Stabilization Programme Coordinator, and the direct supervision of the Project Specialist, the successful candidate will assist in the implementation of IOM Ukraine’s National Monitoring System efforts.
The objective of the National Monitoring System (NMS) in Ukraine is to support the Government of Ukraine in collecting and analyzing information on the socio-economic characteristics of internally displaced persons (IDPs) and IDP households, as well as the challenges they faced. The survey collected information on socio-economic characteristics of IDPs at individual and household levels, including trends and movement intentions, employment and livelihood opportunities, access to social services and assistance needs in 24 oblasts of Ukraine and the city of Kyiv.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the overall implementation of IOM Ukraine’s National Monitoring System efforts.
- Support the team in developing/refining data collection instruments.
- Preparing and cleaning datasets, code open-ended questions.
- Analyse quantitative data applying statistical tools.
- Preparing tables and figures for analytical reports and preparing PowerPoint presentation.
- Draft official and unofficial correspondence in English and Ukrainian (Russian if necessary).
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular analytical reports have to be produced on a quarterly basis.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Completed advanced university degree in Sociology or a related field from an accredited academic institution;
- At least two years of experience of working with social survey data;
- At least two years of experience in data processing and statistical reports writing;
- At least two years of experience in data visualization;
- Proficiency in statistical software;
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- A working understanding of descriptive and inferential statistics.
- Reasonable English writing skills, particularly writing notes and summaries.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV (contains names and contact information of three referees) and cover letter in English to:
IOM Kyiv: [email protected]
8 Mykhailivska St, Kyiv 01001
Please, indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 26 June 2018 at the latest, however interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply sooner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Джерело: IOM Ukraine.