DAI Global, LLC шукає Youth Engagement and Civic Education Officer
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the Kyiv-based full time Youth Engagement and Civic Education Officer position on its newly awarded USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity. Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
The deadline for applications – until it’s filled in. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
DAI Global is implementing the USAID-funded Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. This project is designed to support Ukraine advance self-reliant local governance including legislative reforms, participatory strategic planning methodologies, service improvement, local economic development, civil society engagement, and capacity building of sub-national government entities. The Activity has three objectives:
- Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective
- Objective 2: More self-reliant subnational governance
- Objective 3: Citizens play an increasingly influential role in local governance processes
The Youth Engagement and Civic Education Officer will support, and coordinate activities related to Objective 3, engaging youth activists, other citizens, including people with disabilities, and civil society organizations, in development opportunities. The Youth Engagement and Civic Education Officer will work under the supervision of the Civic Engagement Lead to strengthen the youth engagement and civic education opportunities in HOVERLA’s partner communities, enabling for public oversight of and involvement in local governance processes, as well as contributing to capacity development of youth councils, youth centers, and civil society organizations, and ensure youth participation.
Objectives and Duties:
- In close consultations with Civic Engagement Lead develop and support the implementation of youth engagement activities to raise the awareness on decentralization policy priorities, youth role in local decision making, and existing youth participation mechanisms in place
- Contribute to the development and implementation of youth policy at the local and subnational level, aligning it with the state youth policy, including the capacity development of youth councils, support to youth workers and youth centers
- Contribute to the development and implementation of civic education programs for citizens, including youth activists
- Develop and apply innovative and modern approaches to youth engagement activities at partner communities, as well as implementation of civic educational programs for citizens in partner Regions
- Assist in coordinating the activities of partner CSOs/NGOs targeting youth
- Provide organizational support to and participate in program events of HOVERLA and/or partner CSOs/NGOs when necessary for delivering on program results
- Work closely with grantees and program beneficiaries, disseminate program updates and collect input
- Contribute to the preparation of learning products for youth
- Contribute to the assessment of partner CSOs/NGOs activities targeting youth engagement
- Contribute to drafting of program reports and work plans
- Contribute to the communication of HOVERLA-supported activities and result
- Work closely with other technical teams to ensure cohesion among HOVERLA’s activities and interventions
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, DCOP, and COP
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, education, project management, or other relevant fields. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in the youth policy development
- Ability to work in a multi-sector environment
- Knowledge of the civil society sector in Ukraine and regional development aspects
- Knowledge of youth councils’ and youth centers’ development
- State Certificate of Youth Worker is an advantage
- Experience working with USAID or other international donor-funded projects is a plus
- Solid communications and facilitation skills
- Fluency in Ukrainian and solid English language skills, both verbal and written required