DAI Global, LLC шукає Senior Strategic Communications Manager
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the Kyiv-based full-time Senior Strategic Communications Manager position to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team.
Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
Applications will be accepted until September 21, 2022. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
Additional Submissions - Selected candidates will be requested to submit writing samples and a communications portfolio of work to the Interview panel.
Objectives and Duties:
The Senior Strategic Communications Manager will oversee and manage all areas of project communications and reporting. S/he will oversee the HOVERLA communications strategy and ensure that all communications platforms comply with USAID regulations and contractual requirements and are delivered on time. Working closely with MEL Director, Chief of Party and USAID, the Senior Strategic Communications Manager will prepare materials, including media campaigns, project success stories, and other communications products for dissemination to the project’s stakeholders, beneficiaries, and partners and work closely with Government officials to provide Media relations support.
The Senior Strategic Communications Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following detailed tasks:
- Develop the HOVERLA Program Communication Strategy, including utilization of social media platforms, for internal and external communications.
- Assist objective leads and regional manager in developing public outreach activities for project counterparts.
- Develop innovative communications products to actively engage HOVERLA stakeholders across Ukraine, including institutional and private sector partners.
- Oversee HOVERLA deliverables for reporting, including establishing HOVERLA reporting schedules and developing reporting templates.
- Build the capacity of HOVERLA staff in developing content from project activities.
- Collect and organize data-calls to the relevant programmatic teams to solicit information on progress of project activities and service delivery projects.
- Integrate, edit, and finalize HOVERLA communications products, including draft written materials, success stories, press releases, and regular reporting requirements (monthly, quarterly etc.)
- Manage and store all documents in DAI’s management information system (TAMIS) and Sharepoint.
- Maintain and develop content for the project’s website in coordination with the IT team and USAID.
- Work with Ukraine HOVERLA programmatic staff to develop and produce marketing, outreach, and materials for events.
- Serve as the point of contact for local media inquiries.
- Serve as the liaison for HOVERLA and Government on matters relating to Media briefing and updating of media groups on joint activities between Government and HOVERLA
- Review and edit project documents submitted by subcontractors and grantees.
- Serve as liaison with media groups to cover specific and relevant project activities, such as opening and closing ceremonies and all Media related activities that may need media coverage.
- Provide quality assurance on USAID branding and marking.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders, including institutional and private sector partners, to increase visibility and maximize coordination.
- Develop ad hoc communications products which could include, Newsletters, social media posts, short video edits, written web content etc.
- Update website/social media platform as needed with relevant content.
- Monitor press coverage—including news wires, local newspapers, television, and radio.
- Coordinate on-demand information for USAID or other stakeholders.
- Represent HOVERLA at large scale events and meetings as required.
- Other activities as requested by COP and DCOP.
- Supervise HOVERLA communication Team members and oversee communication teams output.
- Strongly preferred master’s degree in communications, journalism, literature or another related field.
- At least 9 years of progressively responsible experience in communications, reporting, communications product development, and knowledge management.
- Strong Strategic communication background and experience working alongside Government affiliated projects.
- Experience working with USAID or other international donor-funded programs.
- Excellent writing skills and experience preparing Press releases, written speeches and opinion pieces.
- Experience working closely with senior government officials on donor funded projects.
- Demonstrated experience designing strategic communications plans, developing and implementing knowledge management tools or systems, and developing content for social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with institutional and private‐sector partners and stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and Power Point), graphic arts and/or desktop publishing software a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain content for web and social media platforms
- Excellent writing, speaking, and reading and editorial skills in English.