DAI Global, LLC шукає Regional Civic Engagement Coordinator
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the full time Regional Civic Engagement Coordinator position in Lviv, Rivne to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team. Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
The deadline for applications – 22 December 2022. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
DAI Global LLC is implementing the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv with project activities across Ukraine’s regions and communities. The HOVERLA Activity will build upon accomplishments and progress made to complete the necessary legal framework for decentralization and support Ukraine’s advance to self-reliant local governance. It supports the operation of newly consolidated communities, improves services delivered to citizens, and advances citizen engagement and confidence at all levels. HOVERLA has three primary objectives:
- Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective;
- Objective 2: Subnational government achieves greater self-reliance; and
- Objective 3: Citizen’s participation and influence is increased in local governance processes
To support these initiatives, DAI seeks qualified candidates to fulfill HOVERLA’s goals.
The Regional Civic Engagement Coordinator will support, and coordinate activities related to Objective 3 engaging citizens, including people with disabilities, youth activists, and civil society organizations in opportunities for local development. The Regional Civic Engagement Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Regional Office Team Lead and work closely with Regional Director and Objective 3 team to strengthen the civic engagement in partner communities of Lviv Oblast, enabling for public oversight of and involvement in local governance processes, as well as contribute to capacity development of local civil society organizations and ensure the participation of people with disabilities and youth activists.
Objectives and Duties
- Assist Objective 3 Regional teams in activities in increasing citizens role in local governance processes;
- Assist in coordinating the activities of partner CSOs/NGOs in HOVERLA partner communities;
- Provide organizational support to, and participate in, program events of HOVERLA and/or partner CSOs/NGOs in Lviv Oblast;
- Work closely with grantees and program beneficiaries, disseminate program updates and collect input, monitor activities;
- Contribute to the preparation of learning products on citizens participation mechanisms, including public consultations and participatory budgeting;
- Contribute to the capacity assessment of partner CSOs/NGOs in Lviv Oblast;
- Contribute to the preparation of program reports, work plans, and budgets;
- Contribute to the communication of HOVERLA-supported activities and result on the regional and local levels, as requested;
- Liaise with HOVERLA partner communities from Lviv Oblast on civic engagement activities, ensuring the inclusion of people with disabilities, youth activists, other underrepresented categories, and civil society organizations;
- Work closely with other technical teams to ensure cohesion among HOVERLA’s activities and interventions;
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor, Regional Director, Civic Engagement Lead, DCOP and COP.
- A bachelor’s degree in the field of public administration, education, project management, or an additional one year of relevant experience;
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in the development and/or implementation of projects, youth programs, civic activism activities;
- Experience working and interacting with various stakeholders and/or local authorities, representatives of civil society, and ability to work in a multi-sector environment;
- Knowledge of the civil society sector in Ukraine;
- Experience working with USAID or other international donor-funded projects is a plus;
- Solid communications and facilitation skills to support workshops and events;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and good English language skills, both verbal and written required.