DAI Global, LLC шукає Legal Expert
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time Kyiv-based Legal Expert position on its newly awarded USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity. Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
The deadline for applications – until filled in. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.
The Legal Expert will provide legal guidance to local and national authorities, advising the development of nationwide policies, interpreting laws, and assisting in the cataloguing of national laws with implications for local governance, municipal standard operating procedures, executive decrees, and other policies.
Objectives and Duties
- Work with the VRU LG Committee, the MCTD and other government agencies as well as associations of local self-government on developing the legislation in the sphere of decentralization reform
- Work in coordination with sub-regional and local government to analyze existing regulations, draft amendments, and advocate for changes
- Ensure the content of proposed drafts is evidence-based, in keeping with European standards, and rationalized within the local regulations
- Provide analysis of draft legislation in terms of their potential impact on the economic and social development of consolidated territorial communities
- Provide legal guidance to sub-regional and local government to implement the newly adopted legislation
- Present and disseminate new legislation and their implications for sub-regional and local governance through project roundtables and project-sponsored publications
- Engage with local and national authorities to provide technical assistance and advice on the drafting, commenting, and promoting legislation and regulations, including local ones
- Analyze guidelines and best international practices and implement them in Ukrainian legislation
- Advise local governments on development of regulations, such as changes to revenue collection regimes, municipal contracting policies, and improving the enabling environment for gender mainstreaming
- Provide guidance on developing a legal framework for public-private partnerships and intermunicipal cooperation
- Work with the local and international experts on other issues as identified by the work plan and project counterparts
- Provide inputs to the Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports and other reports as required
- Other duties as instructed by COP and DCOP
Legal Expert will report to the Objective 1 Lead.
- At least 5 years of experience in spheres of policy, administrative, constitutional law, preferably working with the public sector institutions, local self-governance or analytical center/ “think thanks”
- Juris Doctor or Master’s degree or higher in Law, Public Policy or Public Administration
- Experience advising the government agencies and the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine in the formulation and implementation of state policy in decentralization sphere, regulatory and legal reform
- Knowledge and understanding of law-making process, public administration, local finances, and local economic development
- English language skills
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to work in a multi sector environment
- Understanding of decentralization
- Familiarity with the European Charter for Local Self Government