Community Development Assistant, Краматорськ
DAI, a global development company based in the United States, is seeking a Community Development Assistant for its USAID Economic Resilience Activity project. The project hopes to improve the overall economic resilience of eastern Ukraine.
Submission Instructions: Please submit CVs in English. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to [email protected] with their technical area of expertise listed in the subject line by June 14, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Roles Purpose: The Community Development Assistant will provide administrative support and oversee day-to-day needs of the Community Development team. This position will be based in Kramatorsk and will report directly to the Community Development Manager.
Duration of the contract: 3 months with possible extension
Objectives and Duties:
• Support the Community Development team in creating new economic visions for local communities and regions, designing materials, and working closely with counterparts in cities and consolidated communities.
• Coordinate arrangements for conferences, workshops and training sessions, including reserving and setting up venues, managing logistics related to invitation distribution, and coordinating speakers.
• Aid with data collection, interviews, surveys, and data entry.
• Assist with the preparation of presentations, weekly reports, meeting notes, and other deliverables.
• Provide written translation and editing of documents as needed.
• Help manage the team’s calendar, schedule and prepare materials for meetings, and make travel arrangements.
• Handle communications and interface as appropriate with partner organizations, consultants, grantees, and program beneficiaries.
• Coordinate with other technical components of the Activity as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience or a master’s degree and one year of relevant experience.
• At least one year of experience working for projects/programs in the international development sector.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, other relevant software is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Ability to multitask and respond effectively to time-sensitive demands.