Communications Advisor – Community Аction for HIV Control
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42 -year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact Inc. is implementing a USAID-funded project Community Action for HIV Control. The project goal is to accelerate Ukraine’s efforts to achieve HIV epidemic control by 2030 by improved prevention, testing and linkage to care among key and priority populations.
Pact is seeking applications for the position of Communication Advisor. Reporting to Deputy Chief of Party, the Communication Advisor is responsible for reviewing existing communication strategies and identifying areas for strengthening, coordination of communication and outreach efforts for the project, including planning and coordinating of marketing and promotion of the activity, developing working relationships with civic organizations throughout Ukraine, community groups and other stakeholders, including marginalized groups. The Advisor will lead all communications functions of the Community Action for HIV Control activity, especially external communication of Pact’s approach and key results in the country.
- Reviewing existing communication strategies and identifying areas for strengthening.
- Coordinating the implementation of Community Action for HIV Control communications strategy in line with the relevant donor and Pact branding guidelines.
- Developing specific targeted communication objectives and communication plans.
- Providing technical assistance and training to communication specialists of the project and partner NGOs.
- Coordinating communication activities, Project marketing and promotion.
- Supervising development of communications plans for a variety of stakeholder groups, messaging and materials, new and regular formats to keep donors and partners up to date with the Project progress.
- All other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree and 8+ years relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, including 3 years of management experience.
- Degree in communications, journalism, public relations, social studies or related field.
- Experience in communication strategies, digital media, event management, brand development, as well as experience providing support to US government funded projects;
- Proficiency in (oral, writing and reading) Ukrainian and English.
- Ability to travel within Ukraine and occasionally internationally when health and safety situation allows.
- Ukrainian nationality
- Profound understanding of civil society and governance in Ukraine, including specific knowledge of organizations working on representing interests of marginalized groups.
- 5+ years relevant experience in team management, coordination communication activities.
- Experience overseeing and coordinating with international field offices preferred.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to [email protected] with “Communications Advisor” in the subject line. Please include at least three contacts of your former supervisors who can provide reference for you. The position is open until filled. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.