Chemonics International шукає Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist
Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist, long-term position, for the USAID Competitive Economy Program (CEP). The USAID Competitive Economy Program (CEP) is a seven year, $170M program, which promotes a strong, diverse, and open economy by enhancing the business environment for Ukrainian enterprises, improving the competitiveness of emerging and high-growth industries and their firms in international markets and equipping the Ukrainian workforce with skills necessary for reconstruction and rebuilding the economy.
The MEL Specialist will be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely data collection for performed project activities through following established procedures and will ensure common understanding for technical teams and project grantees and subcontractors. In coordination with the MEL Manager, the MEL Specialist will also be responsible for preparing reports for internal project review and client reporting on the MEL Plan. The MEL Specialist will support the implementation of the CEP MEL Plan in a professional and effective manner and streamline the processes of data collection and management through the use of modern cloud-based tools. As a member of the MEL team, the MEL Specialist will help with data collection for reporting; identify, analyze, and synthesize lessons learned from program implementation; ensure lessons learned and best practices are incorporated into future activities; conduct annual data-quality reviews of indicators and data collection and reporting procedures to ensure validity, reliability, timeliness, and precision of the methodologies used.
The MEL Specialist’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate with technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) to support establishment of procedures of data collection to ensure timely reporting.
- In cooperation with the MEL Manager, provide consultations/clarifications to technical teams and third parties (e.g., grantees, subcontractors) on data requirements under USG-funded programs.
- Liaise with technical teams to ensure proper following of project internal procedures with regard to reporting for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan
- In coordination with the MEL Manager and technical teams, monitor and track program performance data and support timely reporting.
- In coordination with the MEL Manager, set up and meet reporting requirements and milestones for CEP grantees.
- Support the MEL Manager in responding to requests from project staff, home office, and USAID.
- Ensure primary data verification according to requirements of USAID ADS 201.
- Coordinate the fullfillment of records on indicators, including ensuring backup and verification documents on program data software, CEP SharePoint, and USAID databases.
- Other duties as assigned by the MEL Manager, Chief of Party, or their designees.
The required and/or preferred qualifications for the MEL Specialist position are:
- University degree in sociology, mathematics, data analysis, economics or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience in working with performance indicators in development programs, data collection and verification, including provision of support to third parties on monitoring and evaluation issues required.
- Former experience with MEL activities under USAID development programs is preferred.
- Demonstrated professional excellence and strong analytical skills.
- Effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to resolve assigned tasks in professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure and orientation on result.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, versatility, and integrity.
- Willingness to learn usage of modern tools on data analysis and visualization.
To apply, please click on the following Link;
Please submit your application by 12:00 pm on Friday 15th December 2023.
Please note the position is open for Ukrainian citizens only. The post of assignment is CEP’s Kyiv office. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.