Chemonics International шукає Diia.City Local Business Development Manager
Chemonics International, a global consulting and international development firm, seeks a Diia.City Local Business Development Manager, short-term position, for the USAID-funded Competitive Economy Program (CEP). CEP is a five-year program to increase the competitiveness of startups and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Ukraine, as well as to increase the competitiveness of Ukrainian products in foreign markets, through a combined focus on improving Ukraine’s business enabling environment, increasing private sector competitiveness, increasing access to finance and investments, promoting exports, and facilitating trade.
In support of project objectives, CEP is supporting the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine (MDT) in developing Diia.City, a new voluntary special legal regime to enable the development of the technology industry in Ukraine. Diia.City’s purpose is to enhance the growth of SMEs, startup, and product companies within the tech sector in Ukraine via favorable taxation, friendly corporate and business regulations, flexible staff contracting opportunities, and other components, which are expected to last for 25 years and be guaranteed under Ukrainian law. Diia.City’s aims to increase the number of technology specialists in Ukraine to 450,000 people and increase the annual revenue of the sector to $11.8 billion.
Within this cooperation, the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine (MDT) requested CEP to support Diia city development with short-term Local Business Development Manager (Manager) for the purpose of building strong Diia City recognition and engaging international tech companies join Diia City as residents. S/he, on behalf of CEP, will work closely with Diia City Project Office to reach out to existing cold contacts as well as perspective contacts among Ukrainian or Ukraine-based IT and tech companies (preferably C-level) to present Diia City aspects and overall Ukrainian context (IT industry growth potential, tech talent situation, startup and product developments, capital markets dynamics, intellectual property and other aspects) with the goal to provoke interest to become a Diia City resident, learn details about Diia City conditions and incentives, clarify the path to become a Diia City resident. The Manager will be responsible to generate a sufficient pipeline of perspective Diia City residents, primarily from Ukraine and facilitate their path to actually register themselves as a Diia City resident. The Manager will also be tasked to represent Diia City at international and local platforms and conferences.
The Local Business Development Manager’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct business development and support strategic planning to increase number of Diia City residents
- Find and engage new residents to Diia City, primarily among Ukrainian and Ukraine-based IT companies
- Build strong partnerships and long-term collaboration with perspective residents into Diia City, primarily among Ukrainian and Ukraine-based IT companies
- Conduct negotiations and support signing of agreements with key stakeholders required to increase the number of Diia City residents. primarily among Ukrainian and Ukraine-based IT companies
- Represent Diia City in ongoing strategic discussions with partners
- Develop, manage, participate in events to support Diia City strategic representation (e.g. at exhibitions, seminars, conferences, etc.), in Ukraine and outside of Ukraine
- Provide substantive and organizational support to the Head of the Diia.City Project Office as it pertains to increasing the number of residents of Diia City, primarily among Ukrainian and Ukraine-based IT companies
- Maintain regular contact with relevant CEP staff and submit brief fortnightly status reports highlighting progress made and challenges encountered
- Other tasks as directed by MDT or CEP Chief of Party
This assignment is expected to begin in February 2022 until October – November, 2022. The local and international travel may be required to fulfil the assignment.
The required and/or preferred qualifications for the Local Business Development Manager position are:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus
- Impeccable spoken and written English
- Prior experience with creating partnership program for international markets
- Over two years of experience in a similar role (preferably, business and/or partnerships development, with an emphasis on technology and/or international clients)
- Analytical thinking, open-mindedness, proactivity
- Strategic vision
Deliverables include, among others:
- Sufficient representation of Diia City at local and international platforms and conferences (with the list of activities attended/presented)
- New perspective residents to Diia City, primarily from Ukraine or Ukraine-based (long-list)
- New perspective residents to Diia City, primarily from Ukraine or Ukraine-based, which are seriously considering to become Diia City resident and/or are in process of become Diia City resident (short-list)
- New signed residents to Diia City, primarily from Ukraine or Ukraine-based (list of newly registered residents)
Please send a CV and brief letter of interest in English indicating related experience and achievements to [email protected]. Please include your name and “Diia City – Local Business Development Manager” in the subject line. Please note the position is open for Ukrainian citizens only. Candidates will be reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.