Адвокат у Сєвєродонецьку (Legal Assistance to Stateless Persons in Ukraine)
The project will be implemented by the Right to Protection (R2P). R2P, an all-Ukrainian charitable foundation, assists refugees, asylum seekers, stateless, internally displaced persons and conflict affected population in Ukraine.
The project’s major objective is to ensure that stateless population in Ukraine exercise their human rights through providing legal aid and counseling in Kyiv city, Kyiv and Kharkiv cities and regions and the government controlled parts of Donetsk region, developing a comprehensive analysis of the legal framework regarding stateless in Ukraine and advocating for the improvement of government policy and legislation, and its implementation in response to the problems identified during the monitoring through a telephone hot-line and provision of legal aid to beneficiaries.
Position’s Overall Objective
The Advocate will provide primary and secondary legal aid to stateless to ensure that their rights are observed.
The Advocate will report to the Project Manager, and is expected to spend approximately 60% of his/her time at the office in Sievierodonetsk and the remaining travelling in Luhansk region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent beneficiaries in court, state authorities and embassies.
- Prepare document for courts of various instances;
- Conduct legal consulting to the beneficiaries in the project office and in outreach mode;
- Prepare necessary legal documents to be lodged with the state authorities and embassies;
- Maintaining paper and computer files for cases counseled;
- Preparation of reports, including statistical information;
- Participation in meetings and conferences on behalf of R2P.
- An advocate license;
- Higher education in law;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in legal practice, preferably legal counselling for individuals;
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively in Ukrainian and Russian, both verbally and in writing;
- Professional working proficiency in English;
- Ability to work independently and in team and to meet deadlines;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- R2P will offer the successful applicant a contract starting from August 2019, renewable dependent on funding and performance;
- Opportunity to work with one of the strongest Ukrainian human rights and humanitarian NGOs;
- Room for professional growth;
- Fun and energetic team;
- Respect for work/life balance.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Responses will be sent only to those individuals who were selected for interview. No phone calls, please.
For more information about organization, please, visit our web-site www.r2p.org.ua.
Applications close date
26 July 2019. If an appropriate candidate is identified, R2P reserves the right to recruit ahead of this deadline.